Thread: just 22-need input

just 22-need input

Hi all..I am just 22..this past year I experimented a little with prohormones...(stupid I know)..did some last summer, then again last month I took something that had epistane in it...after a few days I noticed some major changes in my mood and lowered sex drive..stopped taking after 11 days...and then got blood work done...test was low at 319, and lh and fsh were both at 1..doctor said my puitutary was basically not responding. Before taking this epistane (april 4) I was completely normal..very high sex drive, happy, passionate, affectionate, excited for life, loving etc. But since then I am a whole different person..I feel very disconnected from my family, friends, girlfriend...I have no passion or excitement for life..and I can't feel any happy emotions..I basically feel dead inside...my endo said to wait a month and get blood work again...but I just wanted to see if anyone on her can relate to my symptoms...is this what low T feels like? or is something else going on too? I feel like someone took scissors and cut every bond I had with anyone, and I there is a cloud over my heart/head. Being young, will I bounce back and return to my old self? Really struggling over here with what is going on, and no doctor has really said anything to me except wait.

thanks for any help.

The PH's shut you down and caused your sex hormones (FSH, LH) to register very low. Your doctor is correct, however i assume he's unaware of your PH use. Hopefully this is only temporary, but this should be a lesson to you.

Did you have other blood work done? If so, can you post the values including the reference ranges for each hormone?

Yes I told my doctor everything about the PH and about how I was feeling, mentally...It is definitely a lesson learned...nothing estrogen related was tested, even though I asked, and everything else came out in the normal ranges. Prolactin was 11 on a 2-15 scale, which seemed high to me? SHBG was 19 on a 13-90 scale which seems low.

Mickey, are my symptoms natural for what the circumstances are? Also, how long until I bounce back..its been almost 3 weeks since I've been off. I still feel that horrible emptiness/disconnect/passionless that Ive never felt before...will this go away when test rises? or am I going to need medical treatment?

thanks for the response.

You only had Total Testosterone, SHBG, FSH and LH tested? If not, what exactly were the rest of the hormones and their associated values with reference ranges? This is important to have full understanding.

SHBG binds to testosterone and neutralizes it. But your SHBG is low and i believe this can be attributed to some of your anxiety. SHBG is ideal mid to first third of reference scale.

And I don't feel your Prolactin levels are anything to cause alarm at this point. They are within range and normal.

When your body and system finds home (homeostasis) again, you will likely feel a whole lot better. But you did a number on yourself with these PH's and youre paying the price. Hang in there and see what your next set of bloods reveal. Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Give yourself a few weeks and give Low Test . Com a ring and see what they can do for you. You may need an aggressive pct protocol or some therapy but give yourself a few weeks and let tings settle down and then give Low T a call,