Got blood work back

Testosterone = 547 ng/dl
    Testosterone Free = 105.7 pg/ml
    Test. Free Weakly Bound = 222.0 ng/dl
    Sex Hormone Binding Globuline = 21 nmol/L
    Albumin = 4.6 g/dl
    Estradiol = 24.4 pg/ml
    Estrogrn = 189 pg/mL

While the numbers are definately better than 3 months ago, I still don't feel all that great and libido and erectal quality are still suffering. My doc has reffered me to a urologist. Any ideas what else I may have going on? Thanks
    STRAT

Re: Estrogen.

Are those numbers (189) from a male sensitive assay? The rest of your numbers actually look good to me.

Youre obviously doing much better and thats always a big plus. Im curious however, did you have any other panels done? Sex hormones for instance? PSA? (re: Urologist?)
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over" - Joseph Goebbels

Mickey,
    Thanks for the reply. No, this was not the sensitive assay. With my screwy insurance, they won't pay for the sensitive panel in the clinic, but if I get referred to a urologist then they’ll pay for it. My doc (NP) encouraged me to make sure I mention that when I see the urologist. I’ll agree that these numbers are way better than pre-TRT but somehow I expected to feel a lot better than I do. I got two pages of blood work results…according to my doc everything else was in the normal range except I had a spike in my cholesterol reading. I’m normally 150-170 but this time I was 513 for some reason. On Zocor now and keeping an eye on it.
    What specifically are you asking about? I don’t see anything about “sex hormones” other than “sex hormone binding globuline. Does it go by some other name? Like I said, I got two pages worth. I’ll admit I’m a little disappointed and confused. Given the way I’m still feeling (and performing) I just knew he was going to tell me E2 was spiking, but it doesn’t appear to be the case according to this test. Can it really be that different with the sensitive assay? Should I be shooting for a higher test level maybe? My doc is happy with 547/105. I appreciate any insight.

Strat

Yes, a sensitive assay is quite different than a standard assay. Take a look at this link for a further in depth explanation and understanding between the two.

[URL="http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-replacement-therapy-low-testosterone-treatment-anti-aging/509078-estradiol-therapeutic-management-what-you-should-know.html"]http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-replacement-therapy-low-testosterone-treatment-anti-aging/509078-estradiol-therapeutic-management-what-you-should-know.html[/URL]

Also, if look at this next link that i posted awhile back, it will assist you in developing an understanding of what each test/assay is responsible for. Take a peek..

[URL="http://forums.lowtestosterone.com/showthread.php?2609-*-Lab-Tests-Unraveled-*#.UbJpVUqa70E"]http://forums.lowtestosterone.com/showthread.php?2609-*-Lab-Tests-Unraveled-*#.UbJpVUqa70E[/URL]

And feel free to post ALL your lab tests up along with their corresponding values. This will give us a fairly good snapshot your endocrine system and how you're doing, hormonally speaking.

But again, clearly you're on the right track. Results don't happen over night. TRT is for life, and sometimes it may feel its taking a lifetime to get dialed in. Allow your body to adjust and find home before making any rash changes.
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over" - Joseph Goebbels

ALL the blood work? Wow, that's a lot of typing with big words an all. I just realized half of one page was the pre-TRT bloodwork. The meat of the 1.5 pages comes down to this:

Testosterone = 547 ng/dl
    Testosterone Free = 105.7 pg/ml
    Test. Free Weakly Bound = 222.0 ng/dl
    Sex Hormone Binding Globuline = 21 nmol/L
    Albumin = 4.6 g/dl
    Thyrotropin Sensitive 2.48 mcIU/mL
    Estradiol = 24.4 pg/ml
    Estrogen = 189 pg/mL
    Follitropin 2.4mIU/mL
    Lutropin 0.8 mIU/mL
    Prolactin 4.4 ng/mL
    Thyroxine Free 1.1 ng/dL
    Calcium 9.0 mg/dL
    Carbon Dioxide 26 mmol/L
    Chloride 105 mmol/L
    Creatine 1.2 mg/dL
    Sodium 142 mmol/L
    Anion Gap 20
    Potassium4.5 mmol/L
    Glucose 89 mg/dL
    Urea Nitrogen 23 mg/dL
    Triglyceride 513 mg/dL
    HDL Cholesterol 25 mg/dL
    Cholesterol/HDL Cholesterol 8.0
    LDL Cholesterol 73 mg/dL

Yeah, I got some work to do on the cholesterol. Now that I look at it like this...it doesn't strike me as a very comprehensive blood test, hormonaly speaking. And yes, it does feel like it's taking a really long time to see/feel definitive results. But on a somewhat positive note, today a lady at work asked what I was in such a good mood about. Given the way I've been feeling, that just struck me kind of odd. Maybe I've been waiting/wanting for the BIG BANG of recovery when what's really going to happen is kind of a slow build up. I read about guys getting the big bang...I want the big bang. Maybe they were trying to convince themselves? Many thanks Mickey.

Actually, other than your Lipid panel, those numbers are not that bad at all. And the 'big bang' theory your referring to only happens to those who cycle AAS. Typically TRT patients don't experience this big bang. Its more of a gradual improvement, but certainly noticeable.

So i honestly feel that you are improving at a rate that reflects a standard HRT/TRT patient. People at work are noticing a difference in you. In my opinion THAT is one of the best signs to determine how youre improving.

Stay the course and monitor your bloods AND personal moods and feelings. I think you'll find as time goes on and your body finds home, you and others will continue to observe positive changes. And keep a journal if you haven't already begun one. That has helped me significantly, particularly when i want to reflect back on where i came from.

Good luck, and youre most welcome.

Thanks (again) Mickey. After some self-evaluation, soul-searching, etc, etc, I think maybe I was expecting too much too quick. Just had (minutes ago) a very pleasurable experience (smile) with the wife. Not off the charts or anything but better than anything in the last few weeks. Maybe I am getting back to normal. Yeah, maybe I was expecting too much too fast. Take note fellas! This may take a while to get sorted out. I may allow myself to be a little optimistic.

Thanks for your honest posts Strat...and congrats with the wife....happy wife=happy life...