Thread: T Cream - Safety

T Cream - Safety

I just started using T cream (concentration is 75 mg/ml), 1ml per day applied in the morning. The pharmacy didn't include any instructions on how to use it safely. I'm primarily concerned about knowing how to keep my wife from coming into contact with it. I've asked my doctor, and I've done a bit of research and I know the basic precautions to take, but I wanted to ask some specific questions to men who actually use this stuff and are in the same situation as I (i.e., live with a woman of child-bearing age).

First, my wife does the laundry - I'm thinking it may be best if I took over the duty of putting the laundry in the washer and made sure she never touches my dirty laundry. Is there anything I can do to keep my dirty clothes safe for her to handle? Is there a time period after which it's safe for her to touch, even if it hasn't been washed yet?

Second, same question with my skin -- is there a time period after which it's safe for her to touch my skin where the T cream has been applied, without my having to wash it? If I apply the cream in the morning and then come home in the evening, can I assume the cream has been sufficiently absorbed, or do I always need to wash the area before she comes in contact with it?

Thanks much!

Man this sure sounds like a great question that was never answered, Im curious to the exact same question. Thanks in advance!

Ryan

This should help:

AndroGel (1.62%) Secondary Exposure
    JANUARY 5, 2012 BY WILLIAM LLEWELLYN

A new set of safety studies on AndroGel 1.62% were recently published (1-3), which examined the potential for accidental transfer of testosterone to others. The findings were relatively consistent with previous studies on AndroGel and other transdermal testosterones, though the specifics may still be of interest to readers concerned with this. The main transfer experiments in this case involved applying AndroGel 1.62% to male patients with low testosterone, at varying sites such as the abdomen, shoulders, and/or upper arms. At 2 hours and 12 hours after, contact with a female partner was supervised for 15 minutes. In some cases, a t-shirt was worn by the man. In others, the contact was skin on skin. A standard dose of the new formula (2.5 g or 5 g) was by the men
    Women who came into direct skin on skin contact with the men after abdominal application noticed a spike in their testosterone levels by 86-185%. The levels, however, remained within the normal range for females, suggesting the exposure risk was not great. Surprisingly, the use of a t-shirt reduced the hormone exposure to female partners only by 40-48%; it did not completely protect against hormone transfer. Other areas of application on the body proved much less troublesome than the abdomen, which is presumably why the shoulders and arms are recommended on this new version of AndroGel. Note that in no instance was the transfer problematic in this experiment (no side effects were reported in the women).
    For those still concerned about accidental transfer of hormone to others, washing with soap and water before contact (also studied by this group) remains the best method of prevention. On average, this removed more than 80% of hormone residue from the skin. Furthermore, provided enough time is given after applying the hormone, washing should not greatly influence the therapeutic value of treatment. When the men showered 10 hours after application, there was no significant change in their hormone levels at all (it was almost completely absorbed at that point). Even when showering at 2 and 6 hours after application, serum testosterone levels were only reduced by 10-14%.

http://hrt-rx.com/2012/01/05/androgel-1-62-secondary-exposure/