Thread: Significant shrinkage

Significant shrinkage

I am on HRT protocol with HCG. I started with a once a week protocol w/ twice a week HCG. After a few weeks I had very noticeable results of increased energy, great focus, improved mood and crazy libido. Unfortunately it faded away shortly thereafter. I was told to go to a twice a week HRT protocol and maintain a twice a week HCG protocol. It has been just under 5 weeks on the new protocol and no improvement so far, but in the last 10 days my testicles have shrunk to much less than half their size.

Should I increase my HCG protocol or is it possible my HCG has broken down and no longer effective? I remember being told the chains are fragile and to be careful during reconstitution. I didn't have an 18g syringe so I used the 25 g which created a fine stream in the bottle and although I was careful and slow, it still agitated the powder considerably.

Any advice is appreciated.

HRT Specailist
    What's your current protocol and how did you mix your hCG exactly?

I received a vial of powdered HCG and 30 ml of bacteriostatic water. I used my 25 g 3 ml syringe and slowly added 11 ml of water. I was very careful and when finished I still had some undisolved powder on the bottom. I laid the vial on a smooth cotton towel and slowly rolled the vial a couple of times until the powder dissolved. I rolled it a few more times for good measure. Since then it has been sitting in a 38 degree fridge except for use.

Per the physician on call at low t I currently inject 50mg of cyp and .25cc of HCG on Monday and Thursday. Both are sub-Q and done at the same time.
    My old protocol was Mon and Tues, .25cc HCG sub-Q and Wed 50mg of cyp IM. I had no shrinkage or noticeable side effects. This regiment was recommended by a sports doctor I know.
    Last edited by prodigi1; 07-30-2013 at 11:33 AM.

The positive effects of TRT may be lacking due to high levels of estradiol. Often the individual will feel pretty good and then all of the sudden the benefits disappear. This is commonly due to high estradiol, which will often negate the positive effects of optimal testosterone levels. Have you had any followup blood work done yet? Are you a client of lowtestosterone.com? If so, you should have a new blood requisition to take to LabCorp and have your levels checked.

As far as the testicular shrinkage and the HCG potency, it's unlikely you damaged the HCG. As for atrophy, perhaps you need a little more HCG. This is something I'd talk to the doctor about when your blood results come in. However, keep in mind testicular atrophy itself doesn't hurt anything, but it does bother some people in terms of the idea itself bothers them.

Blood work was done at the end of the 6th week. i waited 4 days after the last injection as recommended by the staff. My lab results were nearly identical to the original labs.

Estrodial 32.6 pg/ml
    Free T 7.1 pg/ml