Thread: Fatty Liver

Fatty Liver

I have been on treatment options about 5 years now. I first started with a patch but working out in the sun and sweating, they would fall off. Next was Testim, that was not doing a good job at raising my T. Now I am on AndroGel 1.62%, 3 pumps a day for about a year, waiting on my blood test results, got the others back and I have a Fatty Liver, need more blood work in a month. I have also noticed decreased testicle size. Also gained about 20 - 30 lbs. All my other test results were fine, Cholesterol 175, Sugar 90, etc.

Now my concerns are up, I read where the AndroGel could be a cause of this and they say the injections are worse yet. Sounds like I should either suffer from Low T or take my meds and die in future years from Liver disease.

Dr says cut my Carbs and especially beer. I drink two beers a week, some weeks not at all, pasta every two weeks, potatoes, twice a week. My carb intake is not what he thinks it is the past 30 years. I have just been seeing my family Dr, I'm thinking maybe I should go see a Urologist.

Has anyone else experienced the same or similar issue ?

The good news is your liver issues aren't being caused by testosterone, that's not possible with any type of testosterone, cream/gel or injectable.

Are you following a moderately high fat low carb diet?

I'm not following any type of diet, I do however watch what I eat. Fried foods are out of the question for me, vegetables and fresh fruit are always on the menu, low carb intake, I would say fat intake is normal or below normal, nothing out of the ordinary like snacks, sweets, baked goods, etc.

I also have a fatty liver. I'm currently on Lipitor and I have been told by several of my doctors that test has nothing to do with liver. I'm. To expecting any issues nor have I felt any yet. So far so good.