Thread: Recently diagnosed with low T. What is best treatment?

Recently diagnosed with low T. What is best treatment?

I am 33 years old 6' tall and 220 lbs. I work a desk job but do train and compete in Jiu-jitsu so I get my cardio and conditioning. I eat primarily organic and natural as well as take a good multi vitamin, vit. D3, vit. C, fish/flax oil. I make an effort to be healthy. The most unhealthy part of my life is I probably drink too much coffee. My total test was 217.80 ng/dl. I am using a community health program so my treatment options may be limited. My choice because I would like to try and ramp up my own T production is the off label use of clomid. The doctor is looking into the safety and if he is comfortable prescribing this. I do know that monthly injections are an option because he did mention that but from what I understand this may be a long spread between doses. Basically I will be high at first then low the last week or two. So that leaves creams, gel, and patches. What is everyone's opinion on treatment options? Thanks

Injections will always be the most effective as all other forms carry a much weaker absorption rating. In fact, approximately 20% of all men cannot absorb any type of transdermal/topical testosterone. Of the 80% that can absorb, approximately 50% absorb it poorly and of the 80% that absorb it, many find it begins to work less and less as time goes by. None of these things are possible with injectable testosterone.

Once per month testosterone injections, that's not something you're going to love. Testosterone Cypionate or Testosterone Enanthate, the two primary injectable testosterones prescribed, need to be injected at least once per week. Once per week is often enough, but if the patient is comfortable with injecting, some physicians will opt for two injections per week. They'll simply split the total weekly dose into two smaller equal doses.

The reason testosterone needs to be injected weekly is because levels peak 48-72hrs after the injection and then begin to gradually fall. By the end of the week, you are getting closer and closer back to baseline, where you started or at least much lower than you'd want to be. If you wait another week or in your case 3wks, you'll have to deal with a long period of low levels. You'll be on a constant up and down roller coaster.

Two of the most important factors that revolve around testosterone therapy are maintaining stable blood levels of the hormone and balancing testosterone and estrogen. Without these things in place, treatment cannot be successful.

I just started my replacement therapy last week. I have a LT count of 122. I chose to go with injections for a couple of reasons. Please bear in mind this is only my opinion. I have not used any of the other products so I made my decision on what I researched. I chose against the topical cream for the fact that after applying it, while the cream is still wet, it is possible to transfer it to another. I chose against the patch because I read that the glue on the patch isn't the best and some times it falls off or some get rashes from the patch. I'm comfortable with the needles so I went that route.