Thread: Crashing After 1st Testosterone Shot Bad

Crashing After 1st Testosterone Shot Bad

OK, so I started testosterone shots that my doctor had recommended after creams did not work for me. I think it is 200 every 3 weeks. Well, the first 6 or 7 days were good, the next 2 or 3 were so-so, and now the last 9 or 10 I am crashing..BADLY. Woozy, no energy, resting all the time...unsure of myself, can't focus. I have the next shot next Wednesday, so I must survive depressed and tired until then.

Now, does a little more testosterone stay in your system after each shot? Is the first crash the worst? Do think I can convince my doctor to move it up to 2.5 weeks or 2 weeks? I'm not big on doing these shots myself..right now my doctor does it at the office.

The reason you're crashing is because of the large gap between your testosterone injections. More than likely you're being prescribed Testosterone Cypionate or Testosterone Enanthate. In either case, your testosterone levels will peak approximately 48-72hrs after injection. As the week continues, they will begin to slowly creep down and by weeks end you will be back close to baseline. In your case, as there is no more testosterone being introduced for a week or two, your levels will continually fall until the next injection. I don't say this to depress you but odds are this is how it's going to be as long as you're injecting testosterone once every 2-3wks.

Testosterone Cypionate or Enanthate generally needs to be administered once per week to two times per week in order to maintain stable testosterone levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    The reason you're crashing is because of the large gap between your testosterone injections. More than likely you're being prescribed Testosterone Cypionate or Testosterone Enanthate. In either case, your testosterone levels will peak approximately 48-72hrs after injection. As the week continues, they will begin to slowly creep down and by weeks end you will be back close to baseline. In your case, as there is no more testosterone being introduced for a week or two, your levels will continually fall until the next injection. I don't say this to depress you but odds are this is how it's going to be as long as you're injecting testosterone once every 2-3wks.

Testosterone Cypionate or Enanthate generally needs to be administered once per week to two times per week in order to maintain stable testosterone levels.
    Thanks. I guess my question is, if my testosterone is low to begin with, won't it take several injections before it starts to rise to a normal level more permanently? I understand there will be a crash, but wondered if that crash would be a little less once my testosterone as a whole was higher? If I got shots ever 2 or 2.5 weeks, I could maybe handle it, but this 3 weeks will be rough....I feel like I will have maybe 8 or 9 good days, 3 mediocre days, and 9 bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by brett88 View Post
    Thanks. I guess my question is, if my testosterone is low to begin with, won't it take several injections before it starts to rise to a normal level more permanently? I understand there will be a crash, but wondered if that crash would be a little less once my testosterone as a whole was higher? If I got shots ever 2 or 2.5 weeks, I could maybe handle it, but this 3 weeks will be rough....I feel like I will have maybe 8 or 9 good days, 3 mediocre days, and 9 bad days.
    It does take a little bit of time for levels to optimize but with an injection schedule of once every 2-3wks you will always have to deal with the up and down levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    It does take a little bit of time for levels to optimize but with an injection schedule of once every 2-3wks you will always have to deal with the up and down levels.
    Good news. My doctor agreed to give me shots every 2 weeks instead of every 3 for the next few months. I know this is not optimum, but I can survive 2 lousy days as oppposed to 9 or 10. 3 weeks was not going to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by brett88 View Post
    Good news. My doctor agreed to give me shots every 2 weeks instead of every 3 for the next few months. I know this is not optimum, but I can survive 2 lousy days as oppposed to 9 or 10. 3 weeks was not going to work for me.
    I see you have two threads going. I responded to the other a few moments ago which covered this and your other issue.