Thread: androgel to test cyp injection switch and still no better

androgel to test cyp injection switch and still no better

Maybe I'm in the low percentage of guys who are just meant to grow old gracefully. 4 months ago I was diagnosed with type one hypogonadism - especially due to extremely LH and FSH levels. While my various T levels were just barely low - the LH and FSH levels led the doc to prescribe androgel. We checked my blood levels after about a month and a 1/2 and my T was even lower - and I didn't feel any better - more depressed and lacking in energy. The doc jumped me up from 2 pumps to 3 pumps a day and after a couple of months we tested again and my T now even lower and I'm even "lower" in mood. So, last wednesday I had my 1st test cypionate injection - the typical 200mg every two weeks.

No sudden surge of anything - and even worsening of my mood - maybe cuz I'm now just giving up hope.

That was last Wednesday - by Sunday and definitely Monday and now it's Thursday I've had a ton of gastrointestinal problems - as if I have a stomach bug - but I don't think it's that. Can the test cypionate be giving me all this stomach problems? I'm scheduled for my next injection next wednesday and now really don't even want to mess with it.

any ideas?

Your situation isn't uncommon. Many men do not respond well to topical testosterone, Androgel, Testim or any other brand you can think of. They simply cannot absorb it effectively. Further, what often ends up happening is they shut down what little natural production they have, which makes their levels fall even more.

Injections are far more effective. There are no absorption issues with injections. However, if levels are to remained elevated and stable, one injection every 2wks won't work. Levels peak 48-72hrs after the injection and then fall gradually over the next few days. By the end of the week you are close to baseline. At this time you'd want another injection, if not, your levels will continue to fall. You'll experience a constant up and down in levels.

Equally important, if you use injectable testosterone, one or two injections isn't going to fix everything. This isn't like taking a pain killer and you start feeling better just because you took it. Testosterone treatment is a process, it takes time, If you have an injection and all of the sudden feel like king of the world, this is going to be more of a placebo effect than anything else. Treatment takes time. The key is to optimize your levels, to balance your hormones, balance testosterone and estrogen, without your treatment cannot be successful. It's not a difficult thing to do, but it takes a little time and consistency.

As for your stomach issues, this is not related to your testosterone treatment.

Honestly, I didn't start feeling emotionally better until about 6 weeks. Then, I caught myself being overly eager to do things. I was excited when i would of never been before and I had more optimism of life in general where I really never looked forward to anything before. I have 50mg injections of test c 2x a week along with HCG 250iu 2x a week.

Give it time, just remember that all these feelings that you are feeling aren't really you. They are just a side of having LowT. Things will get better.