I keep getting discouraging blood test results. Other hormones appear to be normal, but testosterone is low. It fluctuates between 150 and 350. It should be more like 500 at my age (24). The endocrinologist doesn't know why this is happening. She thinks it might just be stress. But could stress make my testosterone drop that much? Back in december of last year, I tested at 550, and I was feeling much better back then.

The only real change in my life since then is that I have stopped taking my SSRI medication (Luvox). I had been on it for a long time, and then decided to taper off of it. I did see some things online that suggest SSRI withdrawal can lower your testosterone, so maybe that is the answer. The cause of my low T could be my brain adjusting to the dramatic changes. But it's been 2 months since I've been off of it, and my testosterone has not gone up. It got up to 350 and then my last test shows 190. So, maybe the SSRI has nothing to do with it. Anyone have any experience with this?

The doctor said that I could use Androgel for a couple weeks, and that could "prime" my testosterone, and then my body would continue to maintain normal levels even without the Androgel. Is that possible?