Thread: My Testosterone Test - 21 | Male

My Testosterone Test - 21 | Male

Hi,

I'm 21 years old male and I had my testosterone test done by a family doctor. The test came as 309 ng/dL.

The doctor said the testosterone level is normal.

My side effects are: low energy and fatigue, unable to gain muscle mass, poor facial hair growth, and high pitched voice.

Does my testosterone level indeed seem to be fine or is it too low?

It's low. It's always good to have a Free testosterone reading as well, that's your active available testosterone and is a percentage of your Total. However, a Total of 309 is not going to yield a suitable Free level.
    I would suggest finding a doctor that understands this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonXP View Post
    Hi,

I'm 21 years old male and I had my testosterone test done by a family doctor. The test came as 309 ng/dL.

The doctor said the testosterone level is normal.

My side effects are: low energy and fatigue, unable to gain muscle mass, poor facial hair growth, and high pitched voice.

Does my testosterone level indeed seem to be fine or is it too low?
    Understanding and diagnosing Low testosterone require sound knowledge in this field and unfortunately many Physicians just look at the reference levels and say its ok. In reality it is NOT.

You have every right to ask for through examination that should include LH, FSH levels, SHBG, along with FBE, LFT, and also U & E, cholesterol, and Blood sugar levels. and on top of that you also need to have your blood taken in the morning at least on 2 different times. Testosterone peaks in the morning and decreases during the day. 8am-10am is preferred for LAB work.

Your doctor needs to rule out if its a Primary/Secondary issue for your Low T, if LH, FSH is low normal then he/should also check prolactin levels and if prolactin levels are high then MRI is needed to rule out any pituitary adenomas. If LH/FSH is elevated then he/she should check your Testes itself along with other genetic disorders to rule out other causes.

So get your blood work done first then go from there.

Cheers
    Sunny