Thread: Low Testosterone levels with NO Symptoms

Hybrid View

Low Testosterone levels with NO Symptoms

Hi,
    I'm a 33- year married old male. Based in Atlanta, GA, USA. My testosterone levels dropped from 433 ng/dL in Aug'14 to 237 ng/dL in Dec'14. This is very surprising because I have exhibited NO Low-T symptoms and my lifestyle should actually promote increased levels.

I first discovered about this issue in 2013, I was in Clomid medication for about 3 months (Jan-Apr’13). My levels increased to normal in Apr’13 (757 ng/dL) and again decreased back in Jul’13 (315 ng/dL). I then started taking herbal T-boosting agents such as Maca root and Ashwagandha (Peruvian and India superfoods) and it increased again in Aug’14 as mentioned above.

I experience no fatigue and decreased energy. I have normal (sometimes excessive!) sex drive. I relatively have good erections and a good sperm count. I have had a hairy body since my teens, and have experienced no decreased hair-growth during 2012-14. I have actually seen an increase in muscle mass, since I started working out in Jul14 (5 days a week). I had hypothyroidism in 2012-13, but now the levels are normal. I also don’t seem to have the symptoms for diabetes.
    MY workout routine is focused on core exercises such as bench-presses, squats, pushups and dead-lifts etc. I eat the recommended healthy calories to support my work-out program and that’s why I’m probably seeing results. I don't smoke nor drink alcohol. Have been a vegetarian all my life. I also take the Elite Dynamitize and Nutrilite protein powders. I sleep on average for 6.5-7 hours per night. I’m a relatively calm guy; don’t have excessive stress. However, I do have my moments, but this is normal with any human being.
    So, I’m really not sure why my T-levels are showing to be very low.
    Could anyone please kindly share similar experiences; if they were in a similar situation as me. And what steps are they taking to fix this. Or, have they already fixed this.
    Or, any experts in the forum, share their expert tips....
    Thanks for your assistance & help in advance!!
    A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
    Thanks,
    Arun
    Last edited by arun_2681; 12-23-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Your levels are on the low end. It's surprising you don't have symptoms. The only cause for no symptoms at this stage that I can think of would be higher than normal Free Testosterone. Do you know your free levels? It's very uncommon for Free levels to be optimal when total is so low, almost unheard of, but I have seen it happen a time or two. If that is the case, will it maintain? I'd bet every dime I have that it won't. Now that doesn't mean Free levels will fall overnight, but at some point they most likely will.

Your clomid therapy, it's not surprising that levels fell after use was discontinued. With any type of testosterone therapy be it through direct testosterone use or medications or supplements that increase natural production, as soon as those items are removed levels will return to their prior state. There is, however, what is known as an HPTA restart or reset. The idea here is to stimulate natural production in a manner that will hold after it is discontinued. It doesn't have a high success rate but it does work on occasion. Its highest success rate is among young men in their early to mid-20's.

Reasons for your lower end levels - it's not uncommon for vegetarians to have lower testosterone levels, in fact, it's quite common. Consider the strongest testosterone boosting foods on earth, red meat, whole eggs and salmon. Other meats have a strong affect too, but the former items the strongest. Soy has also been shown to lower testosterone and soy is often a common major part of a vegetarians diet.
    Other possible reasons - prior or existing drug use, this can pertain to both prescription and recreational and most certainly pertains to marijuana. However, drugs like anabolic steroids, opiates (pain killers) and antidepressants will have the strongest, negative affect. Medications like statins and sleep aids can also promote lower levels.

Then of course there is simply the genetic factor, you may simply be someone who has low testosterone. You

I should also mention testicular injury is a cause, but that seems unlikely since you didn't mention it. Head trauma can also be a cause as well as a pituitary tumor. However a tumor would normally result in much lower levels than you're displaying. Prior or existing cancer treatment can also have a strong, negative effect.

Remedy: The first step, get a full blood workup, not just total testosterone. At minimum test free and total testosterone and LH.

Exact same issue with me

Quote Originally Posted by arun_2681 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a 33- year married old male. Based in Atlanta, GA, USA. My testosterone levels dropped from 433 ng/dL in Aug'14 to 237 ng/dL in Dec'14. This is very surprising because I have exhibited NO Low-T symptoms and my lifestyle should actually promote increased levels.

I first discovered about this issue in 2013, I was in Clomid medication for about 3 months (Jan-Apr’13). My levels increased to normal in Apr’13 (757 ng/dL) and again decreased back in Jul’13 (315 ng/dL). I then started taking herbal T-boosting agents such as Maca root and Ashwagandha (Peruvian and India superfoods) and it increased again in Aug’14 as mentioned above.

Arun

Hi Arun. I am 34 Years male. I have exactly same issue, trust me I felt as if someone else has explained my issue here after reading your thread. My levels are 247 ng/dL with everything you mentioned about hair, normal sex desire, gaining muscles when I started workout. I had normal reports for sleep apnea and normal pituitary gland reports. One endocrinologist suggest my TRT and other said dont worry about numbers. second one asked me to loose weight. So I lost my weight from 94 Kg to 80 Kg but still no improvement.

Did you find answer to your question? Please update me, or may be send me your contact email in private message and I will coordinate with you. I am really stressed because of this issue.

Looking forward to discuss.

Regards
    Sam