Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this... Repost from introduction page..

Quote Originally Posted by Usafvet98 View Post
    Ok so doc wrote a script for testosterone injection 1mil once every two weeks. I've heard about valleys where I'm going to feel horrible if I wait two weeks between injections. I believe the injections are 200mg per shot. I'm worried about feeling bad in between.. Is that something I should worry about or is that dosing normal to start out. He also wants me to do the first 1 or two injections in office to make sure I have no issues which I'm ok with.

One more question, I've always heard that bodybuilder a use this to get big. Now I know they use it in much larger doses but with this little amount, if I start working out again will I get bigger or more muscular like I used to be? I'd like to get that back and will work out anyway but curious if it still works like that in smaller doses..
    One injection every 2wks will produce large peaks and valleys. Injectable testosterone cypionate or testosterone enanthate, the two most common forms of testosterone, need to be injected once every 7 days to prevent the peaks and valleys. You would be far better served injecting 100mg once per week rather than 200mg once every two weeks. All of that said, depending on how fast the individual metabolizes testosterone, he can sometimes benefit from splitting the dose up even more, say into twice weekly injections, such as 50mg/2x/wk.

As for muscle gains, yes bodybuilders use quite a bit of testosterone. Keep in mind, the idea behind TRT is to replace what you're missing where the idea behind bodybuilding use is to add far more than you could ever naturally produce. Gym rat doses typically fall in the 500-750mg/wk range where a bodybuilder will often use 1,000mg or more. Will you gain muscle mass with your TRT? Maybe, that depends on you. Again, the idea is to replace what was lost so if replaced, you eat and train well you should be able to get into good shape. How much so depends on you. Many men on TRT end up in better shape than they ever have in their life. The reason is it's very common for men to workout and eat better than they ever have because they know they're on testosterone - they probably could have been in just as good of shape years ago. But the optimized levels now give you the tools that you wouldn't have, after that it's simply up to you to maximize it.

I noticed the night of the first injection I fell asleep with my son and woke up two hours later with both shoulder joints hurting really bad and they felt very heavy. I didn't sleep on them because I woke up in exact position. Could that be related? Also, I told the doc id prefer to do it every week as I'm afraid of getting to that low point so I go back this Monday to get the second one. I'm afraid of two things, not being able to have more children as I only have the one and testicular shrinking. If I maintain a normal dosage that keeps my levels as close to level as possible would I still have to worry about these things? All that said, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I know it takes about 6 weeks to get full effects but about two days after injection I swear I'm thinking more clearly, I'm more motivated and remembering things I have been meaning to get done but forgot about. I don't know if it's just in my head or it's really working. Either way, I'll take it. I'm guessing it's because the 1 mil injection boosted my levels to a normal range quickly for those first few days. As far as the working out thing, I knew bodybuilders inject a lot more but didn't know it was that much more. That's crazy. I'd be happy to just gain some of my weight back and if I get a little muscle with it, great.

Testosterone should not be causing your shoulders or joints to hurt. You may at times have some soreness in the injected area, but that should be it. If it's bad and persist, you might consider changing esters. Some men find certain esters to be more comfortable, I'm referring to either the Cypionate or Enanthate ester. In both the testosterone itself is the same, it's the carrier agent that differs. Same effects with both, in fact they're virtually identical but again, some find one more comfortable than the other.

The effects of TRT - on average it takes about 12wks for most men to really start noticing the benefits of TRT. It takes up to a full year to reap the full benefits of TRT. Now this is assuming you're dialed in, meaning you've found the right protocol that works for you. After the year, from that stage it's simply about maintaining the benefits. I see a lot of men reach this point and they come off their TRT thinking they don't need it anymore. I understand why they feel this way, if you feel great it's natural to think "I don't need this." But when you stop you simply go back to having low testosterone again and you end up starting the whole process over again. I see a lot of men get stuck in this never ending loop.

Testosterone can reduce the chances in having kids but it is by no means an efficient birth control, if it were, you wouldn't see every meat head out there with a kid or two. However, it can reduce potency. If having kids is still a concern, you need to strongly consider HCG along with your testosterone as it will help protect fertility. It will also help with testicular atrophy. Your testosterone levels do not have anything to do with any of this - the mere fact that you are taking testosterone will lead to testicular atrophy. The atrophy itself isn't physically harmful, but many guys don't like it, which is understandable. Once again, HCG, this will prevent it. I may have already said this, I can't remember - I've done my TRT both ways, with and without HCG and the difference with HCG is tremendous. In my opinion, the biggest advantage is in how it helps keep your levels stable in-between testosterone injections.

Does this mean I'm at a higher risk for cancer?
    It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.-Confucius

Naturally Increase Testosterone -- Check out the free guide: bit.ly/1Jwa20H

Yes, you will have peaks and valleys with this dosing.

Yes, bodybuilders do use testosterone to grow, but normally at very large doses. Sure, you can definitely get in better shape simply by improving testosterone, assuming you're eating and working out properly. The idea is to simply get your testosterone levels back to normal, from there it's up to you.