Thread: Advice on current situation

Advice on current situation

Im a 45 year old male who was diagnosed with low t about a year ago (Level was at 127). Dr started me on shots which made me feel great then out of the blue after having some bloodwork drawn for a different issue the Dr noticed my hemoglobin was 18.8. Dr had me stop treatment for a bit, donate blood and take a baby aspirin daily, my hemogloin dropped a bit to 17. He was happy with that and went over other options which I decided on Axiron, was on that a very short time then he convinced me to try the testopel pellets so I dont have to deal with the mess of gels, NEVER again, my ass was sore for a bout a month, black and blue, painful as hell. Expelled about 7 pellets thru the incision site. So at this point shots and testopel were out of the question. Id say this process went on from Feb 2015 till about a month ago. At that point Nov2015 he convinced me into trying aveed which my insurance covered, had my shot about 4 weeks ago and went downhill really bad, depressed, anxious, mood swings, you name it. Had blood tested about 2 weeks ago after injection to find out what my levels were at since my Dr was concerned about the side effects I was having. Low and behold my T level was at 170, he said obviously Aveed doesnt work for you. As a lot of you already know some treatments dont work for some people So far, shots, testopel and Aveed injections are no good for me. He convinced me to try the aveed since its 10 weeks between shots which sounded great. Wish it would have worked. So yesterday I had my appt with the Dr and here is what was done. Drew blood to check hemoglobin, Estrogen and T levels, waiting on results which wont be until next week because of the holidays. He had me go back on Axiron yesterday. He's thinking my testosterone is converting to estrogen which in his words are no big deal, he said I have a pill you can take to block estrogen so he's not concerned. Ive been donating blood for the past year and my levels never get below 17.9, they are currently at 18.8. Im on wellbutrin 150mg once a day and 40mg of pravastatin which he's not concerned about. So here I am back on Axiron 2 pumps under each arm once daily. anybody been in the same boat as me? I've not been on anything long enough to know how axiron works long term, I was only on it a very short time. Wonder how Axiron will affect hemoglobin like the shots? Thanks everyone. Merry XMAS

Quote Originally Posted by crwmlw View Post
    Im a 45 year old male who was diagnosed with low t about a year ago (Level was at 127). Dr started me on shots which made me feel great then out of the blue after having some bloodwork drawn for a different issue the Dr noticed my hemoglobin was 18.8. Dr had me stop treatment for a bit, donate blood and take a baby aspirin daily, my hemogloin dropped a bit to 17. He was happy with that and went over other options which I decided on Axiron, was on that a very short time then he convinced me to try the testopel pellets so I dont have to deal with the mess of gels, NEVER again, my ass was sore for a bout a month, black and blue, painful as hell. Expelled about 7 pellets thru the incision site. So at this point shots and testopel were out of the question. Id say this process went on from Feb 2015 till about a month ago. At that point Nov2015 he convinced me into trying aveed which my insurance covered, had my shot about 4 weeks ago and went downhill really bad, depressed, anxious, mood swings, you name it. Had blood tested about 2 weeks ago after injection to find out what my levels were at since my Dr was concerned about the side effects I was having. Low and behold my T level was at 170, he said obviously Aveed doesnt work for you. As a lot of you already know some treatments dont work for some people So far, shots, testopel and Aveed injections are no good for me. He convinced me to try the aveed since its 10 weeks between shots which sounded great. Wish it would have worked. So yesterday I had my appt with the Dr and here is what was done. Drew blood to check hemoglobin, Estrogen and T levels, waiting on results which wont be until next week because of the holidays. He had me go back on Axiron yesterday. He's thinking my testosterone is converting to estrogen which in his words are no big deal, he said I have a pill you can take to block estrogen so he's not concerned. Ive been donating blood for the past year and my levels never get below 17.9, they are currently at 18.8. Im on wellbutrin 150mg once a day and 40mg of pravastatin which he's not concerned about. So here I am back on Axiron 2 pumps under each arm once daily. anybody been in the same boat as me? I've not been on anything long enough to know how axiron works long term, I was only on it a very short time. Wonder how Axiron will affect hemoglobin like the shots? Thanks everyone. Merry XMAS
    Your hemoglobin is definitely getting DANGEROUSLY high. I would go to Red Cross blood donation and see if you can do a RED BLOOD CELL donation, which will lower your hemoglobin/hematocrit significantly more, since they'll be draining the red blood cells only that thicken your blood.

With hemoglobin levels as high as 17, you're flirting with a stroke or heart attack. I would consider draining blood until your hemoglobin is down to 15.5. Don't mean to scare you, but anything above 17 on hemoglobin is flirting with danger.

Also - take those estrogen blocking pills religiously! High estrogen will lead to cancer - you want to control that.

Regarding the other drugs - I would personally get rid of the Wellbutrin and the Statin. The Statin is a muscle-eroder, which means all the benefits the testosterone is giving you, the statin is taking them away. Get rid of the statin and start EXERCISING, as the testosterone will give you the boost you need to start working out. I heavily recommend starting with YOGA and then graduating to some weight training. The wellbutrin - this could also be causing your side effects. In addition, the testosterone should take care of your anxiety and depression, so drop the wellbutrin.

My 2 cents - I hope that helps - good luck!