Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRT Question

Hybrid View

TRT Question

Just began taking 200mg injections of T Cyprionate every 2 weeks. Felt great the day of the first shot and the next--then back to exhaustion. How long (roughly) does it take to build up the levels so that the bi-weekly shots maintain feeling well? Also, shouldn't I have more frequent or stronger doses at first to get the levels up to a decent number? I measured a 96 total and have normal prolactin. My free T number was also very low. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Just began taking 200mg injections of T Cyprionate every 2 weeks. Felt great the day of the first shot and the next--then back to exhaustion. How long (roughly) does it take to build up the levels so that the bi-weekly shots maintain feeling well? Also, shouldn't I have more frequent or stronger doses at first to get the levels up to a decent number? I measured a 96 total and have normal prolactin. My free T number was also very low. Thanks!
    Testosterone Cypionate for the purpose of TRT normally works best at an injection schedule of once every 7-10 days. 14 days is possible but not a realistic schedule. The half-life of this compound is less than 14 days, and if you wait that long to administer your next dose your testosterone levels will dip. You not only want to increase your testosterone levels, but you want to maintain stable levels. This is successful TRT.

Most TRT patients inject every 3.5 days. The dose is typically 40-50 mg of test cypionate. At the minimum cypionate needs to injected once a week 80-100 mg. Your serum levels should stabilize in 6 weeks in which a new set of labs should be ran to check those levels. Your doc should adjust accordingly after he receives those results.

Btw make sure the estrogen test is a sensitive assay. E2 levels will determine your need for an AI.

Quote Originally Posted by turrilli View Post
    Testosterone Cypionate for the purpose of TRT normally works best at an injection schedule of once every 7-10 days. 14 days is possible but not a realistic schedule.
    I respectfully disagree. Every 7 days is workable, but splitting that into every 3.5 days seems to stabilize blood concentration levels even further. Speaking of levels dipping and rising... every 14 days would be a nightmare. I hightailed it out of the last endo's office who told me that was "optimal".

Quote Originally Posted by Mario l View Post
    Most TRT patients inject every 3.5 days. The dose is typically 40-50 mg of test cypionate. At the minimum cypionate needs to injected once a week 80-100 mg. Your serum levels should stabilize in 6 weeks in which a new set of labs should be ran to check those levels. Your doc should adjust accordingly after he receives those results.

Btw make sure the estrogen test is a sensitive assay. E2 levels will determine your need for an AI.
    ^^ this

Quote Originally Posted by GBrice75 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Every 7 days is workable, but splitting that into every 3.5 days seems to stabilize blood concentration levels even further. Speaking of levels dipping and rising... every 14 days would be a nightmare. I hightailed it out of the last endo's office who told me that was "optimal".

^^ this

Correct ^^^ Levels will stablize better if dose can be taken every 3.5 days...........little my pain, with amasing results......Have done both ways for over 4 years now Twice a week,,,,,,,,,,Saturday Morning, Tuesday Night..........levels are great!!

Smile

i have the same problem but my doctor gives me the shot once a month and he checks it at the end of the month and it is 98 when i was on androlgel it was good at 789 but its high cost leaves you with injections i read that there is always a cause for this on is medication like pain pills or medicine with an opiate base has anyone heard of hcg not hgh its a diet vitamin that supposed to help your body turn on the testosterone if anyone has tried it let me know i will try when i get paid i will post either way

Quote Originally Posted by moparken11 View Post
    i have the same problem but my doctor gives me the shot once a month and he checks it at the end of the month and it is 98 when i was on androlgel it was good at 789 but its high cost leaves you with injections i read that there is always a cause for this on is medication like pain pills or medicine with an opiate base has anyone heard of hcg not hgh its a diet vitamin that supposed to help your body turn on the testosterone if anyone has tried it let me know i will try when i get paid i will post either way
    I just got my first testosterone injection yesterday. I am on 200 mg and I go back in 4 weeks for a blood test and visit with the DR to discuss the effects of my first shot.

From what I have been reading everywhere on the net, it seems that I need more than 200 MG per month. I am 24 hours out from the shot and feel nothing new at the moment.

My TRT protocol was the same in the beginning. 200mg/test c/biweekly. After much "haggling" with my doc, split it out into weekly injections.

No need to "frontload" your trt dose. Just be patient. Total time to experience all TRT related benefits can be up to three (3) years.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    My TRT protocol was the same in the beginning. 200mg/test c/biweekly. After much "haggling" with my doc, split it out into weekly injections.

No need to "frontload" your trt dose. Just be patient. Total time to experience all TRT related benefits can be up to three (3) years.
    Benefits of TRT still show up for years...
    awaiting androxal...

Yes, every 7 days or two smaller injections per week is the Absolute best. But, once every 10 days could work OK with HCG use included. Work perfectly? No, but it's still a lot better than what's commonly prescribed by many physicians such as one injection every 2-3wks and in some cases once per month.