Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At what age did you decide on TRT?

At what age did you decide on TRT?

Me personally, i was 48. In the last three years, my body has underwent a transformation. BF% has dropped, big improvements in Lean Body Mass, nice improvements in Libido.

Of course, going to the gym regularly and eating a relatively clean diet has helped as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Me personally, i was 48. In the last three years, my body has underwent a transformation. BF% has dropped, big improvements in Lean Body Mass, nice improvements in Libido.

Of course, going to the gym regularly and eating a relatively clean diet has helped as well.
    How long before you saw satisfying results TR?

Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    How long before you saw satisfying results TR?
    It depends on WHICH results you are referring. for libido issues, I saw nice improvements in two weeks.

body began to recomp in a few months.

and never had bone density checked out, although im sure big improvements there.

Quick aside for a story.

My walking buddy is in his mid sixties. Walks to the gym regularly, does some light strength training and then 30 minutes on the elyptical. I have to take his word that his diet was decent. Doesn't drink, and no junk food/soda, with reasonably clean meals.

For months/years, we'd walk, and then he'd go to the gym later.

He had a distended stomach, and retained alot of water in his face.

He absolutely could not make any progress on his generously proportioned stomach.

But he'd been listening to me about my TRT efforts, and saw my results. Finally, he agreed he'd start up with the trt. Money was tight, so I helped him out with some test, told him to have his blood panels checked, that sort of thing.

Within a few months, his belly was about HALF the size it had been. His face looked leaner, AND he now had a GF!

Now that he is sexually active again, and has a GF, i don't get to see my buddy as much lately.

To me, this is a clear success for a TRT protocol.

I was 46

285lbs 44" waist line

Had been out of gym 2 years from back to back shoulder surgerys.

When I got back into gym, noticed strenght and energy were not there at all. The ole muscle memory wasnt either. A friend told me to have my Test levels checked and sure enough they were very low. 143 Total Test (300 is low end of scale)

After months of trial and error, and alot of reading on self help forums like this one, I was able to get my levels to stablize. My weight (with diet and exerise) went down to 212 lbs.

After a few years of solid training and diet, I stay steady at 235 to 240 with a BF of about 20% (in winter) and except for some crasy contest someone started, but thats another story....

Needless to say, I preach TRT every chance I get and share my own experience with whoever will listen.................

There is Life after 50 gentlemen.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    I was 46

285lbs 44" waist line

Had been out of gym 2 years from back to back shoulder surgerys.

When I got back into gym, noticed strenght and energy were not there at all. The ole muscle memory wasnt either. A friend told me to have my Test levels checked and sure enough they were very low. 143 Total Test (300 is low end of scale)

After months of trial and error, and alot of reading on self help forums like this one, I was able to get my levels to stablize. My weight (with diet and exerise) went down to 212 lbs.

After a few years of solid training and diet, I stay steady at 235 to 240 with a BF of about 20% (in winter) and except for some crasy contest someone started, but thats another story....

Needless to say, I preach TRT every chance I get and share my own experience with whoever will listen.................

There is Life after 50 gentlemen.........................
    Agree. I feel better now than I did ten years ago.......

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Agree. I feel better now than I did ten years ago.......

And speaking of 50...........we are a, over 50, man short in a certain contest TR

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    And speaking of 50...........we are a, over 50, man short in a certain contest TR
    I've been hitting it hard (for me) for almost 4 years now (this last ttime). No more low hanging fruit, and improvements come grudgingly. My after would look almost the same as my before.

Late 20s for me... but it was not something I "went after" in a sense. I merely was feeling the effects and a routine test showed I had the levels of a 75 year old man. My doctor said something along those lines, lol.

It made sense to try this. Although, in retrospect I wish we would have trialed low dose clomiphene before going on straight testosterone replacement. It might have been a godsend and much less frustration!

I finally got on trt at 31. I had testosterone lab results in the low 200's starting when I was 28, but I had the symptoms for a few years beforehand. My GP just kept telling me I was in the "normal" range. This lasted until I started doing my own research, then I happened to stumble across lowt.com. My first injection was Tuesday.

I am SO glad there are doctors who understand now that "normal" is not optimal and is "normal" is NOT the normal any longer.