Thread: new here

new here

I am 47 years of age and taking testosterone replacement injection for about 6 mo now my doctor is only let me ge 0. 25 mil once a month he said he wants to go slow and safe I have seemed to notice right before I get my next shot I seem to have more anxiety and mood swings and feeling not right can anybody hear tell me is it normal to feel more symptoms the right before your next shot.

My testosterone level to start out with was 358 and now 6 mo latter now 486

Testosterone Cypionate, it carries a long half-life but it also peaks at approximately 48-72hrs after injection and then begins to fall. That is a more worthwhile figure than half-life when examining a proper TRT course, and on this basis makes a once per month injection protocol very inefficient.

At the most, this is only approx 60mg of exogenous Testosterone. And if youre using Cypionate, the active half life is about 9 days. So, two half lives later you have approx 15mg left. Absolutely ridiculous, even for a cautious doctor.

IMHO, this is a major concern and should be addressed with your doctor.

Please take a quick read at this article;

Andropause

[url]http://forums.lowtestosterone.com/showthread.php?2543-Andropause-(Symptoms-of-Low-Testosterone)#.UV9MZMHD-pq[/url]