Quote Originally Posted by Chet40 View Post
Thx Justin, wondering if anything can be done to combat the high Red Blood Cell count and or Hematocrit and Hemoglobin issues? I like feeling better with the injections but wouldn't want to suffer something catastrophic from the shots.
The form of administration isn't what can potentially cause the blood to become thicker, it's the testosterone itself. So it's not the fact that it's an injection. And keep in mind, I wasn't saying this was an issue for you, that's impossible to say without blood work. I'm simply mentioning the importance of keeping up with it. As far as managing it, yes it's easy. Donating blood, simply going to the Red Cross and donating a pint of blood is something some men have to do. It's not an issue for the majority of men but some it is. Some men have to donate a pint of blood a couple times a year, and some men, although a very small minority have to donate a pint of blood every 2-3 months in order to keep it under control. If the Red Cross isn't an option for you, ask your physician for a Therapeutic Phlebotomy prescription. You should be able to find a lab or blood draw center in your area that will take it. The VA may perform it for you if needed, but I can't say for sure. Technically, any place that has the ability to draw blood for testing should be able to do it, but not all places will.

Again, just to reiterate, I'm not saying this is something you need to do. It's just something to keep an eye on. Side effects and/or complications from TRT are very easy to avoid if the right steps are taken, primarily keeping up with what's going on inside your body. It's those that don't do this that cause TRT to sometimes be given a bad name.