Thread: Testosterone Pellets? Who's had them?

Testosterone Pellets? Who's had them?

I'm a 41 yr old woman. I have been diagnosed with very low T. I've been having 50mg injections every 3 weeks for the past 3 months and Wow! It's a miracle, my sex drive is amazing, energy levels have return and no more night sweats. I've had no side effects at all. I love how I'm feeling & so does my husband!
    My Dr has recommended to have a testosterone pellet inserted which should last 3-6 months. Has anyone had these? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Pellets can work well. On the positive side you have them put in and you're done for 3-4 months. The downside is what if the total dose is too little or too much? The only way you can adjust it is if you go back in there and adjust it. I have heard some doctors say that's not a concern, but that doesn't make sense. Not everyone needs the same amount of injectable testosterone or testosterone cream, so the idea that standard one size fits all pellet doses wouldn't make much sense either.

All of that said, I've known several women that have had success with pellets. Personally I think there are better options such as compounded testosterone and progesterone. Some of the doses prescribed with those are too low too often and some women do poorly with transdermals just as men do. But they do make certain ones that work well as a vaginal cream along with small oral versions and if you find a good doctor and pharmacy that understands these things you can have pretty successful HRT. Again, this doesn't mean pellets won't work for you, it may be something to try.