Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi Guys,

I am 41 and just signed up to LowT yesterday. I have my appointment to get my bloodwork drawn this Sat so until then I really am kind of in limbo.

I see some familiar names from other forums here also from reading some posts. Hope to get a lot of info here, and pass it on to others as they join. Thanks for all the help before and for the help to come.

HRT Specailist
    Welcome, Brett! Good to have you on board! You're in good hands now.

Enjoy your stay

Glad to have you hear Brett. It will only take a few days for your results to come in and then we'll get you setup as fast as we can.

Welcome enjoy!
    [URL="http://www.lowtestosterone.com/"][/URL]

Actually went and got my blood drawn on Friday. Day early because I was rained out at work. Hoping to get results early next week.

HRT Specailist
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    Actually went and got my blood drawn on Friday. Day early because I was rained out at work. Hoping to get results early next week.
    Keep us posted on the results, Brett!

Got my results back. Made an appt at the nearest facility which is almost 6 hours away. I'll be making the drive tomorrow, better than waiting 3 weeks to get lower airfare and I am not the most patient person.

Here's the results to my bt. I am not horribly low on my test. Showing I had 551 with range being 348-1197. I know there are other things that can contribute to the symptoms. I will see what the doc says tomorrow.

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/f3ffe9270134217][/URL]

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/c43130270134205][/URL]

Any input is appreciated

You're right, your total isn't all that low but it is below optimal but still not low enough to qualify for low testosterone treatment. However, your Free testosterone is very low, almost non-existent and that's the most important number. Your Free Testosterone represents part of your total, it's the testosterone your body has access to actually use, the rest is bound up, primarily by SHBG. When free levels are low, it doesn't matter what your total levels are, you're going to have strong low testosterone symptoms.

Good luck with your doctors visit. Please let us know if there's anything you need.