Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Only started off on HCG and a estrogen blocker... little disappointed

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14

    Only started off on HCG and a estrogen blocker... little disappointed

    Well, just got back from the doctr for first visit. My Test was like 238 and Free was 7.3 (est. paperwork is in the car). I was a little disappointed with the outcome. I guess since it looks like I have high estrogen, he didn't want to give me any testosterone injection because I guess it would be converted to estrogen. So, he said we'll go for HCG and an E-blocker for now. I was really looking forward to the benefits of mental clarity, depression, energy, motivation, etc to happen quickly like I've been reading, but guess that will be delayed. I almost feel a little ripped off, but Im going to do some researching and educating myself before I jump to conclusions. I won't have any changes for I believe 6 weeks, so not sure if HCG alone will give any of the benefits of the Testosterone injections, but if I lower the estrogen and increase testosterone levels, that should make some kind of a difference in how I'm feeling and body weight and all?
    A little frustrated, especially since everyone else gets started off on TRT initially.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    If anything, from the research I have been doing I figured I would be put on TRT, but add a estrogen blocker and/or HCG to protect fertility issues or something, but not be given TRT all together. I haven't seen that option from anyone. And without even having an accurate estrogen level tested, I just don't get it. Does just HCG alone yield the same results if not better than testosterone or what? He said something along the lines that LT.com might not cover doing the testosterone + an estrogen blocker + HCG, but I thought the fee covered everything that was needed all together. Would I need to pay more or something? Anyways, please move this to the correct forum, if it should no longer be in New Members, I feel I should have opened this under treatment programs. Please move.
    Thanks!

  3. #3
    HRT Specailist
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    700
    You'd be surprised what you can achieve with hCG. Give the the doctor and your new protocol some time. Future blood work will tell all. There are many cases of Low T that are not handled with exogenous testosterone administration. Every client is unique. I understand the frustrations at the initial stages of treatment. Lot's of information to absorb and way too many opinions out there. But just be patient and let the protocol take its course.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    You'd be surprised what you can achieve with hCG. Give the the doctor and your new protocol some time. Future blood work will tell all. There are many cases of Low T that are not handled with exogenous testosterone administration. Every client is unique. I understand the frustrations at the initial stages of treatment. Lot's of information to absorb and way too many opinions out there. But just be patient and let the protocol take its course.
    I don't want to jump the gun and jump to assumptions either. The doctor seemed like a really nice guy, but when told we've got 2 options and one may not be covered, when I've read that lowt.com covers all of these things I am left a little confused and disappointed, because that's how every other man has been started off that I have seen. So, just at a tough spot. I'm still trying my best to research hcg monotherapy... still disappointed though. Not sure who I should call and talk with.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by couldthisbeit View Post
    I don't want to jump the gun and jump to assumptions either. The doctor seemed like a really nice guy, but when told we've got 2 options and one may not be covered, when I've read that lowt.com covers all of these things I am left a little confused and disappointed, because that's how every other man has been started off that I have seen. So, just at a tough spot. I'm still trying my best to research hcg monotherapy... still disappointed though. Not sure who I should call and talk with.
    There must be more to this story. I cant imagine you, with those numbers above, not receiving TRT from LowT.com. And for the doc to suggest, "he didn't want to give me any testosterone injection because I guess it would be converted to estrogen. So, he said we'll go for HCG and an E-blocker for now" makes no sense at all. The doc's concerns were about administering exogenous testosterone and E2 rising, yet he prescribed hCG and and an E blocker? Thats a head scratcher for me.

    But hang in there. Im confident youre on the road to recovery. Sometimes its one with some twisty turns, but in the end you arrive where you ought to be.

    Keep us posted.
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over" - Joseph Goebbels

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    There must be more to this story. I cant imagine you, with those numbers above, not receiving TRT from LowT.com. And for the doc to suggest, "he didn't want to give me any testosterone injection because I guess it would be converted to estrogen. So, he said we'll go for HCG and an E-blocker for now" makes no sense at all. The doc's concerns were about administering exogenous testosterone and E2 rising, yet he prescribed hCG and and an E blocker? Thats a head scratcher for me.

    But hang in there. Im confident youre on the road to recovery. Sometimes its one with some twisty turns, but in the end you arrive where you ought to be.

    Keep us posted.
    That's basically it and wanting to jump start my natural ability to stimulate testosterone. I guess after 5 weeks I will be retested and if my numbers haven't improved then TRT will be an option. It was new to me and not what I was expecting, but I will admit I'm not a pro. Just don't want less than good results or less than what I should be given. Will keep you guys updated.

  7. #7
    HRT Specailist
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    700
    couldthisbeit,

    If your estrogen is high, it should to be back under control before you start administering testosterone. Immediate testosterone injections will most likely prove estrogen control to be quite the difficult task. TRT is a lifelong solution and getting to a perfect protocol takes time, a lot of time. Some folks respond well to mono therapy with hCG. But either way, it's a good start while you get your estrogen under control. My thoughts are your doctor is playing it safe --- that's not a bad thing at all. Like I said earlier, future blood work will tell all. Look at it this way... folks have a MUCH harder time getting hCG prescribed than they do Testosterone. Hard part is over

    I think you got very lucky and landed a doctor who knows what he's doing!

  8. #8
    Administrator Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,187
    I noticed in another thread you said you are 28yrs old. Did the doctor mention anything to you about trying to reset your natural testosterone production? If this is the case there's a good chance this is why he put you on HCG only rather than testosterone or a combo of HCG and testosterone. At your age a reset may be possible. Guaranteed? No, not at all but it is worth a try.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I noticed in another thread you said you are 28yrs old. Did the doctor mention anything to you about trying to reset your natural testosterone production? If this is the case there's a good chance this is why he put you on HCG only rather than testosterone or a combo of HCG and testosterone. At your age a reset may be possible. Guaranteed? No, not at all but it is worth a try.
    That makes perfect sense. Good call Justin.

    And yes, its certainly worth a try couldthisbeit.
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over" - Joseph Goebbels

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    Just going to trust the doctor for now. He did say if not looking good on my next visit he would add testosterone. I just want to get the problem resolved and he does know more than me. So far nothing feeling yet but it's only been a week. I'm on 350 hug twice a week. Will keep you guys posted. Hoping for the best and trying to stay positive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •