Thread: Wow what a difference.

Wow what a difference.

New here was DX last week. Thought my symptoms where from pernicious anemia(b-12). I took my first shot last Tuesday and I felt like I was 18 for 3-4 days. I have crashed and my Dr. Said he wanted to start with a shot every other week. I will be calling tomorrow to get that changed. I did find a good endo who cares more about quality of life. He treat symptoms other than a blood report. My test was at 438 and I am 42. His reason for treatment was my elevated FSH.

I have read on several sites that half life of testosterone shots is only 7 days and several pages recommended adding HGC shots to treatment plans. I am already stabbing myself weekly with B12 and now Test. Would hate to have to add another couple shots a week. But if needed I will.

I felt absolutely fantastic for a few days after first T shot.

HRT Specailist
    welcome aboard,

hCG injections can be done subcutaneously and are painless.

What do you mean the reason for treatment is elevated fsh?

It's really nice to hear that the shots made such a difference for you. One problem I believe that some people have encountered is that the shot every 2 weeks doesn't seem to be enough. Hopefully this won't be the case for you, and you will be able to avoid having to use several needles every week, but the reality is that you may have to do exactly that. It seems to be a trade off. In order to maintain a higher quality of life you may have to take more shots more often. Many people find that they feel great for the first 3 or 4 days after a shot, but ultimately end up going through a crash until the next shot of T.