Thread: Just starting out...

Just starting out...

New to the forum. New to the whole process.
    Just recently diagnosed with low T. Really low T. I'm 34 and had total T of 84 and free T of 13. Not really sure why or what to expect. Just had labs run again today along with several others (prolactin, FSH, etc) and received my first injection this morning. Wondering what to expect as I start this journey.
    Anyone in here start with similar numbers and, if so, how's it going?
    Starting with injections and plan on eventually switching to gel or implant. I haven't seen threads on method of therapy yet but I'm sure they are here somewhere. Will probably be reading all night.

HRT Specailist
    Welcome to the community, Fishman.

Pretty young to have low T. Have you used steroids or antidepressants in the past?

It will take some time for your protocol to build up in your system. There will be an adjustment period while your hormones balance out and become steady. You should be scheduled for follow up blood work, generally around 6 to 8 weeks. You should be feeling really good by then.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your stay.

Thanks Austinite.

No steroids, antidepressants, or other Meds to blame. Just the rare antibiotics for pretty standard stuff and OTC Meds for headaches, flu, etc. I wish I had something to point to but I really don't have a significant medical history. This is especially concerning for me since I know my numbers are so very low. I see guys on here 20 years older than I am with twice my T and they are significantly symptomatic. Really makes me wonder.

I worry that, given the above, my process will be challenging and that I will be more likely to have negative side effects from the TRT. I don't know what exactly to expect. Almost feel like warning my coworkers that my roid rage and acne are coming soon, so they should just be prepared.

The other thing is, as ironic as it is to close with this in this post, I feel a significant amount of self absorption and associated guilt since learning about this. I suppose that may be a symptom itself.