Thread: 41, fibromyalgia, tons of symptoms

Hybrid View

41, fibromyalgia, tons of symptoms

Hi. I am 41. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 5 years ago, but had problems dating back to 2000. Pain, fatigue, pressure in my ears, IBS, insomnia, sensitivity to temperatures, poor focus, no libido, and very poor sexual function.

I had been on a testosterone cream for several years. It didn't seem to helping. I took a testosterone blood test, and I was at 304. 6 months later, after increasing the dose, i was at 289! So I figured out the creams were not working. I think they kept me high enough to barely function, but I should be at 650.

So my doctor just decided to start me on injections instead. She started with a 3 week gap, and let me tell you, that was hard. 200 ml or whatever they measure it in, every 3 weeks. The first 7 days had some good moments. Sexual function improved, fatigue was slightly less, and my focus was a little better. Next 4 days were mediocre, and then the last 10 days I crashed bad. But now my doctor has agreed to do the injections every 2 weeks instead of 3, which will help. I don't expect my fibromyalgia to be cured, but any help in any of my symptoms would make me be able to interact with my family more - I am married with two kids and live in PA. Thanks for allowing me to post here.

Many physicians will prescribe 1 injection of testosterone once every 2-3wks, it's a fairly common protocol that was used for decades. However, physicians who are a little more up to date on testosterone treatment understand it needs to be injected at minimum once every 7 days if your levels are to remain stable. When you inject, your levels will peak 48-7hrs after the injection. As the week goes on they start to fall towards baseline. By the time you get into week two, you are back to your low level and possibly lower due to HPTA suppression. With the once every 2-3wk protocol, you will always experience up and down testosterone levels. Physicians who do not understand this, they're not bad people, they just don't know any better. This isn't something that's taught heavily in med school. A good TRT physician is someone who has taken the time for continuing education and made an effort to understand these things.

Your firomyalgia, with proper testosterone levels, stable and optimal, you may actually begin to feel better. You might also consider growth hormone therapy, such as Sermorelin.