Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New, Just got Doctor info and have question

New, Just got Doctor info and have question

I tried calling the 800# but it went to voice mail, Anyone else have problems with the doctors you get? I am in the Sacramento area and after reading the reviews about this Doctors I am feeling a bit worried about the validity of this program. I am on TRT now but my doctor does not test for any other hormones except for testosterone and I am worried about estrogen ect...I was told the doctors would be Cutting edge and not Old School..This is a middle aged lady (which is ok) But all the reviews say she is into holistic medicine and preaches about GOD and the way he heals....Could someone in the Sacramento Area contact me?? Not Sure If that is ok...

I just got back from my doctor's visit last week and things went really well. I had the same concerns. I had an older female doctor and some of the reviews worried me. However, my rep reassured me that everything was good to go. I found that my doctor was great and had no problems understanding my needs and working with me. Definitely not old school! So far I'm very satisfied with my particular experience. I can't comment on your doc but know you're not alone. All I can say is keep the faith, no pun intended, and give it a try. I believe these docs are hand picked and if they didn't work out they'd be out of the program since we're paying a lot of money to have someone who understands how to treat these things in the 21st century. That's just my opinion.

Good luck,

Personally, I would recommend making your own review on the doctor instead of reading on the internet what others think. I have found that the reviews are not always reliable.

For my blood test, they did not check estrogen levels either. I can't analyze all on my blood test but my doctor explained about my free t and total t being indicators of where I was at. These are initial tests, I was also told that the 6 week test would be more thorough. I do think that all the initial bloodwork is what the LowT center requests and it is not the individual doctors pick and choose. This is a less expensive blood test that is just an indicator though, I don't think it is intended to try and get you perfectly dialed in at your first appointment.

I would also be willing to bet that if you really did have an issue with the physician you are seeing, the center will work with you and try to make you happy. That's what it's all about anyways.

HRT Specailist
    Yeah my doctor has a pretty straight forward personality. She doesn't sugar coat anything. Very blunt so, not so much bedside manner. For that reason alone I believe my doc has some negative reviews. But personally, I would not trade her for the world. She is incredible and up to date on endocrinology. Always looking for "root causes" instead of throwing medications at me. I'm entirely happy that I stuck around and let her do her job. Much healthier today.

Ok

Hi

I do not mind a doctor being blunt, I just hate wasting time...I did speak with Justin and am going to give the doctor the benefit of the doubt...I just get a little concerned as you can not call this office and I have left messages but they have not called me back. I did book the appointment online but like to call and confirm as it is 4 weeks away and by the time I go will be charged another 199.99 and now will be 400.00 into this program. I assume you all are here in Northern California?

HRT Specailist
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinganderman View Post
    Hi

I do not mind a doctor being blunt, I just hate wasting time...I did speak with Justin and am going to give the doctor the benefit of the doubt...I just get a little concerned as you can not call this office and I have left messages but they have not called me back. I did book the appointment online but like to call and confirm as it is 4 weeks away and by the time I go will be charged another 199.99 and now will be 400.00 into this program. I assume you all are here in Northern California?
    Good call. Justin will take care of you no matter what happens.

Lowtestosterone.com offices out of Texas.

If I remember correctly, you do not get charged for the 2nd $200 until 33 days after your initial doctor visit. I am sure that one of the staff here can verify this, but if I am mistaken I apologize.

I am not in N. California. I am in the midwest. But, we are all dealing with the same protocol from the same organization.

Quote Originally Posted by amazinganderman View Post
    Hi

You are not being charged. You make your initial payment when you signup. From there your next payment is not due until 33 days after your doctors visit. For example, if you signed up for the program and for some reason decided to leave the country for 3 months and then come back and go to the doctor, you would not be charged during that 3 month period. You would not be charged until 33 days after your doctors visit. And believe it or not, that example isn't unrealistic. We get a lot of military and gas & oil guys who call and signup. Once they're back in the states, they start the process but there is no charge during the in-between time.

As far as your concerns, we talked a good bit about that yesterday. One thing I probably should have mentioned, and this applies to any doctor, not just the ones in our network. Online reviews can be rough. In my experience, most people who are satisfied with a doctor won't post a review. For example, we hear from people every day who are very happy with our program, but I've yet to see very many post on this or any other message board saying so. When you're happy, you're typically just happy and you move on with life. As far as your doctor, and this is just my personal opinion, if I go to a doctor or use anyone for any type of service, as long as they can provide that service adequately that's all that matters to me.

Last point, as mentioned yesterday, if you have any issues at all we will take care of them for you, but I would be very surprised if you do. We have had some doctors that began with us who ended up not being a good fit. That we will freely admit. But we go through a very long and almost painstaking process before we have any doctor join our network. We do our best to vet each doctor as best we can. Each doctor also goes through an educational process to ensure they're up to date on TRT practices. If they don't go through this, they aren't one of our doctors.

I also didnt have estrogen levels checked, Im hoping during the 6 week follow up Ill be able to. I know it can affect sex drive and keeping excess fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post
    I also didnt have estrogen levels checked, Im hoping during the 6 week follow up Ill be able to. I know it can affect sex drive and keeping excess fat.
    Yes, your estradiol levels will be checked in your next blood test and all blood test that follow.