Thread: advice needed badly

Hybrid View

advice needed badly

I was dx with testicular ca 10 years ago. I was put on 5mp androgel and my numbers were always around 300. I felt ok but from time to time felt bad. My new doctor then put me on 100 injected every two weeks about a year ago. I began working out this summer and could not gain endurance. Then about two months ago I start feeling weird. I was tired, weak, joint pain, tingling in my muscles, electrical feeling in my hands and feet, stressed, depressed and ED. I went back to the doctor and he said that my recent blood work was normal. I asked what my testosterone was and he said 170. I was shocked no one called me to tell me this. I have been at 170 for who knows how long? Then before I started feeling really bad I missed an injection due to insurance issues. So who knows how low I got. I went to a new doc and he put me on 200 every two weeks injected. He also said to inject in my thigh to be sure I was getting in the muscle. I was self injecting my butt which was difficult.

I started to feel better after the thigh injections. I had morning wood for the first time in a while but crashed a few weeks later and feel as bad as before. I went back to get more blood work and now waiting to find out the results. My questions are

Is this kind of crash normal?

Right now I can feel good one day and horrible the next?

I have bowel issues which I have never had?

Should I inject 100 every week?

Thanks in advance

You're experiencing crashes due to injecting once every two weeks. Your testosterone levels will peak 48-72hrs after injection and fall back close to baseline at approximately 7-8 days after an injection. From there, you have another week before you inject testosterone again, putting your levels through a constant up and down roller coaster. Further, with the 200mg once every two wk dosing schedule, there's a decent chance you've created a bit of an estrogen spike. You felt better at first and then as estradiol gradually increased this began to negate the benefits of the testosterone. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, that can't be said without blood work, but that's a good theory. The combination of the possible increase and estradiol and the every 2wk injection protocol is more than likely your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    You're experiencing crashes due to injecting once every two weeks. Your testosterone levels will peak 48-72hrs after injection and fall back close to baseline at approximately 7-8 days after an injection. From there, you have another week before you inject testosterone again, putting your levels through a constant up and down roller coaster. Further, with the 200mg once every two wk dosing schedule, there's a decent chance you've created a bit of an estrogen spike. You felt better at first and then as estradiol gradually increased this began to negate the benefits of the testosterone. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, that can't be said without blood work, but that's a good theory. The combination of the possible increase and estradiol and the every 2wk injection protocol is more than likely your problem.

Does this affect the thyroid or does the thyroid affect the testosterone levels?

Quote Originally Posted by hfd1968 View Post
    Does this affect the thyroid or does the thyroid affect the testosterone levels?
    If you're having thyroid issues, that's a separate issue.