Glad I found this site! I'm fifty years old, but have been on HRT since I was thirty eight. I started on Androgel and after six months my levels dropped. It worked great during that time, but I have battled with the right protocol ever since. I believe I was having issues with absorption and also believe estradiol was a problem. Your exactly right with most doctors......I seen endo's, urologists, etc. None would even discuss the conversion to estradiol. I was in the military, so I moved around a lot and every place was the same. I started injections, but I still didn't feel right. Again estriol may have been the problem. I paid a fortune thinking the pellets may be the answer.....was I ever wrong! Their answer was just to increase the dosage each time......I discovered my levels were through the roof and I felt like crap! I traveled once to seek help with Dr. ******* (was suppose to be the TRT expert). That was a waste of time and money! I came to him with some lab work.....my SHGB was nearly Zero. He had never seen that and didn't have any idea why? This was several years ago and now I've found several articles about it....doesn't sound good though. Any thoughts about this? I will get it checked next lab work. A few months ago I was doing 100mg per week and my labs are as follows- Estriadiol--63 (range should be less than 39), total testosterone--789, free testosterone--218.2 (range 35-155)
After these results I decided to try 50 mg every three days with .25mg arimidex at the same time. I haven't had labs done yet with this protocol. Do you think I should be taking more arimidex? Do you think HCG would be beneficial with my situation? I don't know why my free is so high and I feel so bad? I'm desperately wanting to get on the right plan. I appreciate any help in seeking guidance for my problem. Thanks