Thread: First Shot

First Shot

Hi, just turned 41 got my first Testosterone shot a week ago. Have been dealing with some ED, low libido severe anxiety/depression for about 3 1/2 months. Was feeling terrible and no lust for life but have started to recover. Had blood tests done and my numbers were 300, 240, and Doc said everything is ok. Read a book about TRT and got a second opinion. More blood work per the new doctor showing my numbers at 325 in the a.m.. This Doc specializes in men's health and he gave me a shot the day of my visit. Seems as though it has helped wake me up. Looking forward to my next shot.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Not to be a party pooper but feeling better after one shot is placebo but a lot of guys have this. Testosterone shots just don't work that fast. It takes several weeks of consistent shots and even then the full benefits aren't reached, the continue to accumulate over time. To reach the full benefits of TRT, you need regular and consistent testosterone for a year or more and from there it's simply maintenance.

Yes I would agree there is some placebo but I'll take it at this point. Going for my next shot tomorrow. Getting 200mg cyp for two weeks. Definitely feel a drop these past few days.

And what happens after 2wks?

Well the plan is to retest at week 4 which would be the 27th. At that point try the gel (which I'm not wild about) to see if we can keep it at a good #. Then see If I can switch to pellets. Any insight would help.