Thread: Brand new member

Brand new member

Hey all,
    New LOWT member here. Had my test levels checked in April and they were in the low 400's at the age of 25. Just had new labs drawn Friday and can't wait to get an appointment with a doctor. My only question is on dosage. If my T level is still in the low 400's will the DR be happy just to get it into 6-700's, or will they try to optimize my level to the top of the scale? Thanks for any help and looking forward to interacting on this board. Looks like a positive place for straight forward info.

My Doc said she would optimize for the Free T number not the total T number. Do you have your Free T number?

Each doctor is different - some physicians look at the numbers only and some look at the numbers in relation to the patients age, which in my opinion is a bit ridiculous regarding the latter. Numbers are important as they do provide a basis to work off of but symptoms are the most important factor. Does the patient still have symptoms? If so, are they healthy enough for more testosterone or are other changes needed? If the patients testosterone levels are a bit high and he is symptom free, if he shows no signs of health concerns, no red flags and is in good health, why would you want to lower the levels? Finding a doctor that understands symptoms are the primary factor rather than numbers is important, and this applies to free and total numbers.