Thread: Here we go...Figured I would share to see common themes in what is being RXd

Question Here we go...Figured I would share to see common themes in what is being RXd

37 y/o had 360 T level and have been RXd 200MG of TestCyp weekly (I take subQ), and 250iu 2x p/w HCG subQ. Does this sound about right? I just started yesterday and am wondering a few things:

1. When should I expect to feel impact?
    2. Anyone else here take the Test subQ?
    3. I am a first-timer and when I was getting bubbles out of the syringe I wasted a bunch of both the TEST and HCG...what should I do?

Appreciate any feedback.

Robb

Those are common doses for both the Testosterone and HCG.
    The common dosing range for testosterone is 100mg to 200mg per week. Many men require less, some (not many - very few) require more, but 100-200mg per week is very common.
    The common dosing range for HCG is 250iu to 500iu two times per week.

The effects and benefits of TRT:
    It's not a fast process. The full effects and benefits of TRT can take up to a year, after that the goal is to maintain the benefits because once you stop you go back to having low testosterone again, so stopping is not a good idea, not if you actually have low testosterone.
    While the benefits can take up to a year to be fully reached, this does not mean it takes a year to notice any benefits. Some men notice great improvements in energy and libido in the first 5-6wks. However, most men will find it takes 12wks or so to really notice a difference. Obviously that's not the answer anyone wants to hear, everyone wants instant results, but it doesn't work that way. One reason it doesn't work that way is you have to allow for adjustments. When you start your TRT, no matter how great your doctor is, the odds of getting everything just right off the bat is, well not great odds. Everyone is a little different and responds a little differently, so it's not uncommon for adjustments to be needed. In the end, patience is the key to successful TRT.

SubQ, a lot of guys do it, I don't but it is increasingly common. The only reason I do not is because my TRT has worked well with IM injections and I see no need in changing what's working.

Air bubbles - you're always going to have little tiny air bubbles in the syringe and it's impossible to get every last one out. If you attempt this as you did with your first injection, as you discovered you're going to waste a lot of testosterone, which means you're going to run out before you're due for a refill if you continue this. And getting an early refill on a controlled substance can be difficult. A few tiny air bubbles is not going to hurt you. If you find you have air bubbles, push the air out but don't push any testosterone out of the needle. Then draw air back into the syringe, flick the side of the syringe with your finger and push the air out again. You might do this a few times before you're ready to inject, but it should remove most of the large ones. Once the large ones are gone, let a drip or two of testosterone push out of the needle. Again, there will often be little small air bubbles still in the syringe, but it's not going to hurt you.