Thread: Hello, from MN! Have a question.

Hello, from MN! Have a question.

So I have been dealing with intermittent fatigue, headaches, brain fog, and being cranky. I had some labs done 2 1/2 years ago on whim and found my test on the low end of normal. Went back a 11 days later had a free test added on found that I was low. Then retested again in may of that year and was low end of normal for total and low on free. At the time I wasn't really experiencing many symptoms but I've had achy joints, difficulty losing weight and I've really never been able to grow anything resembling a beard. In fact, I can shave once or twice a week without looking like I need a shave. Well more recently I've had bad fatigue that happens and lasts for a couple weeks at a time, then after a couple weeks it gets better, then a few weeks later it will happen again. It might be that I've had fatigue issues for a while I'm only really noticing the really bad episodes now. I have memory issues as well and have a hard time focusing.

I was 35 when these were done, 37 now. I'm just wondering if the labs below would indicate someone who is a candidate for TRT. I have a feeling that when I go in next week to get them rechecked that they'll probably be worse. From what I understand free test levels are more important than total testosterone, so if that's the case I'm probably low T.

05/12/2012 (3pm)
    Testosterone, Serum004227 389 348-1197 ng/dL
    Free Testosterone(Direct)144981 5.7 8.7-25.1 pg/mL

03/22/2012 (8am)
    Testosterone, Serum004227 295 348-1197 ng/dL
    Free Testosterone(Direct)144981 7.6 8.7-25.1 pg/mL

03/13/2012 (9am)

Testosterone, Serum004227 411 348-1197 ng/dL

Yes, you would be a candidate, especially considering the low Free Testosterone numbers. Free Testosterone being is the most important number since it represents your available usable testosterone.

As for your symptoms, your early symptoms are all symptoms of low testosterone levels particularly the achy joints and difficulty losing weight. The facial hair issue may or may not be since genetics determine how much facial hair you can grow. You can have high testosterone levels and still not be able to grow a beard if the hair isn't genetically available. But when you have low testosterone levels and they are ignored, symptoms almost always compound and become worse over time, it's a gradual process in most cases and one it sounds like you're experiencing.