Thread: Hello!!!

Hello!!!

Hello All,

My husband was diagnosed last year with low T. He had bloodwork done that showed his testosterone level at 146. After going through 3 months of topical testosterone cream his levels went down to 132. He is now on testosterone injections that I give him once a week.

We actually found out by accident that my husband has low t. During the summer of 2014 I noticed that my husband's left breast was quite enlarged. I made an appointment with our family doctor and the short story is he went through testing for breast cancer, which came out negative, which lead to more testing...and here we are today now doing the injections after first trying the Androgel cream, which did nothing for him. He just started the injections a little over a month ago so he hasn't gone for his first bloodwork test using the injections. We're hoping for good news in two weeks, but we shall see.

Welcome to the forum!

I have to say I'm not surprised to hear the gel didn't work. I'm not a big fan of the gels for creams simply because what you just described seems to be somewhat common.

In regards to his new injectable treatment, this should work much better. However, it is a bit of a patient game. A few things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure the doctor or clinic you're using is testing estradiol on all followup blood test.
    2. Talk to the doctor about HCG along with the testosterone for a stronger and more balanced treatment plan.
    3. Make sure your physician is aware of anastrozole in case he has estradiol issues and how to manage it.
    4. Most importantly, be patient - TRT takes time. That's something a lot of people don't like to hear but it is the reality of TRT. If you have low levels, and your husband most certainly did, while his levels will recover soon the benefits of TRT can take months. In fact, the full benefits of TRT can take upwards of a year, and from there it's simply about maintaining them.

Please feel free to ask all the questions you would like.

Thank you for your response Justin. I appreciate your advice and will definitely be asking the doctor about the issues you brought up.
    Last edited by Everlasting Love; 01-07-2015 at 05:09 PM.