Thread: High red blood cell count

High red blood cell count

Hello to all,

I'm 41 years old and I just started Testosterone Replacement Therapy about 3 weeks ago. I been getting weekly injections and so far I still feel pretty crapy, but my red blood cell count has gone up quite a bit at about 51. Has anybody on this forum delt with this issue? What is the easiest way to deal with this problem?

Thanks

Three weeks isn't enough time to notice anything. You will hear stories of men who say they feel great in a few weeks or who even say they notice a difference right after the injection but this is placebo and nothing more. Most men will begin to notice the benefits of TRT around three months into treatment. From there it can take a full year to receive all the benefits. That is an answer no one really likes, we all want it now, but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way. One thing I tell guys all the time, you can go through the first few months and succeed in this or you can quit and just continue to have sucky symptoms forever.

All of that said, the approximate three months assumes your protocol is right and you are dialed in, meaning you've reached a point of good and stable levels, both testosterone and estradiol and are maintaining it.

Increases in red blood cells and hematocrit aren't uncommon, the majority of men don't have an issue but it happens with plenty. The best way to take care of this is to donate a pint of blood. Simply go to your local red cross. Some men have to do this 1-2 times per year, some have to do it every two months and then some don't have to do it at all. If you have to do it frequently ask your doctor for a therapeutic phlebotomy prescription.