Thread: Just started...from NYC

Just started...from NYC

Hi there! happily I finally got to resolve the issue I was having with the forum and now I m here. I m a 29 yo male just realized a couple of months a go I had low T from my doctor blood work, and probably this has been going on for quiet sometime. i just started the therapy 2 weeks a go so this is my 3 week, first week I felt I went a bit crazy hormonally speaking and had trouble sleeping as well, and I assumed it was caused by the HCG, last week the opposite happened from up there I felt I went down, even my mood and emotionally speaking but this week I feel more stable already. So far libido is a bit higher along with my energy and confidence, something else I noticed is that the day I inject T (Tuesday) I sleep very well, lets see today. Currently my protocol is 100mg Test Cyp once a week (Tuesday) HCG 350IU 3x week ( Friday-Sunday-Monday)

Also want to say Thank you to the LowT stuff and Robert who from the beginning has given a very good costumer care service

Glad to see things have finally worked regarding your account on the board.

As for your treatment, there are a few important things to keep in mind. These aren't things men are often to thrilled to learn and often have a hard time accepting them, but you will find they still almost always hold true.

The true benefits of TRT often take 8-12wks to really start showing, and that's assuming you are perfectly dialed in. Some will get dialed in faster than others, but everyone is unique and what works perfect for one man will often not work perfect for you. Simply put, adjustments may be needed. This is why followup blood work is so important.

Once you are dialed in, it can take upwards of a year to reach the full benefits of TRT. This doesn't mean you are waiting a year for the benefits to occur, they should slowly build over time.
    It's a process, one that does require patience and needs to be consistent for it to work best. And of course, the better you take care of yourself, a good diet, good lifestyle choices and exercise habits, the better you'll do.

When you reach the 1yr or so mark, from there it's simply about maintaining. This doesn't mean you cannot still make improvements to your physical wellbeing, but in terms of testosterone levels and their function, you simply want to maintain. You may still require adjustments from time to time - as we age our body does change but things generally smooth out pretty well on TRT after some time.

One of the biggest mistakes I see a lot of men make, start TRT, start feeling better and then stop. Why take testosterone if you feel great? The problem many have at this stage, they go back to having low testosterone, so in time they start back up. They put their body on this constant roller coaster ride, never ending and never reap the full benefits of TRT.

yes definitely adjustments will need to be done after the blood work, as I belive 100mg a week of T wont take me to a high level, from what I understood starting at low dose to monitor how my body reacts and then build up a higher dose, is that correct? what is the usual increase of dose used? is that a protocol to follow based on my blood work? on my first visit the Doc explain to me that that starting at higher dose would shut down right away my own production or suppressed it but isn't happening even with 100mg a week?

100mg per weeks is a fairly common starting dose. Doses normally maintain in the 100-200mg per week in most TRT plans. Does this hold true for everyone? No, some need a little more and some actually skyrocket on even less but the 100-200mg range is fairly common. In most cases, if that range of dose isn't working for you, you have something else going on in your body that needs attention unrelated to TRT. Also, keep in mind when you're talking about a testosterone dose, that may not be all of your TRT plan as that does not include the need or use of items like HCG, anastrozole, or other possible medications.

I do not understand your last question.

sorry for my misspelling, the Doc told me that starting TRT at higher doses of 100mg a week will shut down the body production of Test right away, but isn't that happening also with low doses?

The use of testosterone is going to suppress your natural testosterone production. The rate and/or speed of this suppression is going to be dependent on the dose and the individual response. Although significant suppression will occur, if you have low testosterone it's not like you were producing enough to begin with. However, things like HCG will help keep what natural production you do have going. Is the use of HCG alone enough to give the individual the boost he needs? Sometimes, but more often it's not. Moreover, some men (unfortunately) do not respond well to HCG. I'm not referring to a poor physical reaction but one that produces no reaction. HCG simply doesn't work for some men.

I see thanks for your explanation Justin