Thread: Feeling fortunate to be getting injections with "middle of the road" numbers

Hybrid View

Feeling fortunate to be getting injections with "middle of the road" numbers

New to the forum....looks like a great community/ I have noticed some symptoms after becoming single and reaching 40 now. Decent erections, which disappear sometimes, a gut with an otherwise small physic.....pretty sensible diet. Some anxiety and depression and overall a little bit of fatigue.

I was able to convince my new Urologist to give me bi-weekly 100mg deca testosterone injections (in office for now)

My numbers (AM testing) were 527 total and just under 12 Free.....for a 40 year old ..........is this as good as it gets or should I push harder?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Hi Brian,

Please clarify "Bi-Weekly" the reason I ask is because everyone seems to use that term differently. Are you injecting testosterone once every other week or twice per week?
    Also, Deca Testosterone? Are you saying you're taking Deca and Testosterone or you're being prescribed Testosterone Decanoate?

Your blood test, when was this taken in relation to your last injection of testosterone?
    Yes, 12 is a low free number assuming the unit of measurement is pg/ml. Can you clarify the unit of measurement?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi Brian,

Please clarify "Bi-Weekly" the reason I ask is because everyone seems to use that term differently. Are you injecting testosterone once every other week or twice per week?
    Also, Deca Testosterone? Are you saying you're taking Deca and Testosterone or you're being prescribed Testosterone Decanoate?

Your blood test, when was this taken in relation to your last injection of testosterone?
    Yes, 12 is a low free number assuming the unit of measurement is pg/ml. Can you clarify the unit of measurement?

Every other week is what I meant. I understand 2x weekly to be semi-weekly, but I understand people use the phrasing differently.

I'm embarrassed to say he (nurse) told me it was a deca and that there is a "time release" element to it.

This came after I told him I had read of people doing injections twice a week.

The "just under 12" was really 1179 pg I did conversion to ng as that seems to be the prevailing UOM.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post
    Every other week is what I meant. I understand 2x weekly to be semi-weekly, but I understand people use the phrasing differently.

I'm embarrassed to say he (nurse) told me it was a deca and that there is a "time release" element to it.

This came after I told him I had read of people doing injections twice a week.

The "just under 12" was really 1179 pg I did conversion to ng as that seems to be the prevailing UOM.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    So it is Testosterone Decanoate? That's not a very commonly used testosterone anymore unless you're talking about testosterone mixtures such as Sustanon. At any rate, it will have a longer half-life than Cypionate or Enanthate testosterones, not by a lot but somewhat - Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate being by far the most commonly used testosterones for TRT.
    Anyway, all testosterones have a time release element to them unless it's testosterone suspension (hardly ever used anymore). Time release simply means it has an ester attached, in your case the ester being Decanoate. I could be wrong but it sounds like you're being told there's something special about the testosterone they're giving you - there isn't, it's just testosterone.

1179 pg/ml...that seems extremely high, almost impossibly high. Are you sure about that? Might be useful to scan and upload a copy of your blood results if you can...just block your personal info out.

Sorry 119.6 pg/ml which rounded to 12 ng/ml on the calculator I found online.

So 527 NG/ml and 119.6 pg/ML test taken 2/25/2015

Today was first available date with urologist.

Sorry for the ambiguity.