Thread: 47 yr low t couple questions

47 yr low t couple questions

Hi.for the.last 20 yrs I have just.been dog tired been to Dr lots of times they run blood test say can't find anything wrong and tell me I'm depressed take this. Which I do for a while none of the anti depressants work its been a vicious circle. Anyways I've been researching the internet and I see low t can.cause same symptoms low energy brain fog so after twisting my Dr arm to test me he does and it comes back at 134ng/dl and second test a little higher which I forced him to redo a month later. He tells me to just have more sex to bring it up. Anyways I told him I want t shots if this is why I feel like hell I want my life back. So he gives me a 100 Mg every 3 weeks had my first shot a week ago so I guess my questions are is that enough to bring my levels up and do you really think that this could really make me that tired. I can't remember what it feels like to be normal feeling if you know what I mean if this helps it will be like winning the lottery. Well thanks guys I will keep u up to date on my progress. I do have a app with a urologist in 2 weeks.

Will cover each point as best I can:

*Yes, lowt can cause depression.
    *LowT can also (almost always does) lowers libido, and can cause erectile dysfunction.
    *Telling someone to have more sex when they have lowt is ridiculous, why? See the last bullet point.
    *Antidepressant meds are notorious for lowering natural testosterone production.
    *100mg of testosterone every 3wks will do nothing, it might even make things worse.
    *After a testosterone shot levels peak approximately 2-3 days after the injection and then gradually fall. In most men they will fall to baseline 6-7 days after the injection. This means you're living 2wks with low levels.
    *It sounds like you have a doctor that has absolutely no idea what he's doing with testosterone. Some doctors believe a testosterone shot adds to your natural production, I'm guessing this is what your doctor thinks. A testosterone shot actually shuts down your natural production, but if you have low levels that's not a concern, you already have low levels. The idea is to bring your levels up to a stable and optimal level.

TRT, shots have to be given 1-2 times per week for stable levels. 100mg per week or 50mg twice per week is a common dose. You may or may not need adjustments.
    TRT takes time, it can take 8-12wks for the benefits to show and that's assuming your protocol is right. It can take up to a year for the full benefits to be reached and that's assuming you're staying on top of things.
    Estrogen levels should also be checked 2-3 times per year. You have to have a balance between testosterone and estrogen. If you don't all the testosterone in the world won't help you.

There are plenty of other things to cover regarding solid TRT, but right now your first goal should be to quickly find a new doctor.

Thanks for the reply

Justin is right (he knows this stuff).

My PCM is finally referring me to an Endo because my T levels continue to fall despite his uneducated best efforts. He believes 2 weeks 200mg is the way to go. And it's not working. That interval is crushing me on the second week.

I'll post my updates when I see the Endo next week, but the last three months have been a roller coaster for me due to my regular doc trying to treat me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster1 View Post
    Justin is right (he knows this stuff).

My PCM is finally referring me to an Endo because my T levels continue to fall despite his uneducated best efforts. He believes 2 weeks 200mg is the way to go. And it's not working. That interval is crushing me on the second week.

I'll post my updates when I see the Endo next week, but the last three months have been a roller coaster for me due to my regular doc trying to treat me.
    There are endocrinologist that know what they're doing with TRT but there are just as many if not more that do not. That may not seem possible being that endos are hormone doctors, but most have zero concept of TRT. Most spend their time treating diabetes, thyroid problems, etc. Hopefully yours will be a good fit, but a word of encouragement, don't get too caught up in doctor titles. The only thing that matters is if the doctor understands TRT. Some of the best TRT doctors in the country are general practitioners, which is probably surprising to hear for some people.