Thread: Just need some general guidance

Just need some general guidance

I won't write the long journey to my current state, but my testosterone is 170 and my free is 46. Just got my first shot two days ago and I feel crappy which is sadly much better than I was feeling.

my doc also has me on arimidex, but my estrogen levels appear within range...thus far.

So, one, I am excited to feel better. We suspect this has been an issue for years and years. my weight is currently 247 (5,11). About 9 months ago my testosterone was 298 and my free about 56. At that time, I was working my ass off and on a low calories diet and could not lose a pound, which is why my doc checked me out. He did nothing then, but he is surprised by the huge drop since then.

So, my main question is, what is the best way for me to take testosterone in terms of safety, consistent levels and safety for my family (we have a 4 month old baby)? From reading the forum, I have seen this is not an easy answer, but I'm looking for guidance on what to try first. I hear shots give you wavering levels and some say the creams might have side affects. I leaning to give myself shots at home.

Also, how much better can I expect to feel? my joints hurt, my muscles are tight, my mood is just terrible, and I am generally tired. I don't let none of this stop me from what I have to do, but I am, honestly, getting wore out. My wife says she wants the old me back (I was supplementing my mood with alcohol (I was happier at night then) which generally made me easer to be around, but I am trying to stop that for now) I want to feel much better in general and my doc shrugged his shoulders at whether this would be the case.

I have other questions and thoughts, but I am already being the new guy with too many questions. I hope y'all don't mind. It's been kind of a bummer week. Doc said I will probably always be on testosterone therapy and I keep hearing how that is hardly a fix.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Happy to answer questions.

Quick follow up, it's been six days and I feel so much better. Worked all weekend at our rental house, which was a big worry for me.