Thread: 30 years old with a Free T level of 192.

30 years old with a Free T level of 192.

****Correction, level of Testosterone is 192, not my Free Testosterone. Learning all of these terms! ****

Good Afternoon,

My name is Matthew. I just turned 30 two weeks ago. I went to my doctors for the first time in years on March 9th. I explained all of my symptoms (decreased vision, decreased libido, decreased memory retention, tiredness, depression, anxiety and so on, my complaints and such, and he suggested we do a full blood workup along with a hormone panel. In the panel they tested my free testosterone levels. The results came back yesterday with what we had expected, levels of 192. I have suffered from these symptoms for years, just never really knew what could be causing it.

My doctor suggested because i have such a drastically low level, that I immediately start Testosterone Therapy injections. I filled my prescription this morning, and my insurance is fighting paying for it. My doctor predicted this. He sent in the authorization and said I should have the med this week. I am very nervous as to what to expect in the coming months. Should I expect huge increase in overall well being or am I overthinking the results? My doctor is trying to get my levels to 900 to 1000. Looking forward to talking with everyone on this forum!
    Last edited by Devishu; 04-05-2016 at 01:07 PM.

I feel like I'm in the same boat, Matthew. I'm 35 and never thought I'd have these problems. I started feeling some symptoms last summer and before I know it, January rolls around and I'm forgetting where I live! My joints were hurting and wasn't sleeping, and on and on. I finally went to a HRT clinic and they ran my labs. My TOTAL TESTOSTERONE WAS *49* MY FREE TESTOSTERONE WAS *3.8* They were dumbfounded. Long story short I went to the clinic yesterday and they put me on a pant load of prescriptions. It's pretty overwhelming.

It is very overwhelming. My insurance is fighting paying for my script for Testosterone Cypionate. My doctor sent in everything but until my insurance kicks in I can't afford anything. Very frustrating as all of my ailing from the last few years are side effects from Low T. I just want to get started and start feeling better already!

Quote Originally Posted by LowTguy View Post
    I feel like I'm in the same boat, Matthew. I'm 35 and never thought I'd have these problems. I started feeling some symptoms last summer and before I know it, January rolls around and I'm forgetting where I live! My joints were hurting and wasn't sleeping, and on and on. I finally went to a HRT clinic and they ran my labs. My TOTAL TESTOSTERONE WAS *49* MY FREE TESTOSTERONE WAS *3.8* They were dumbfounded. Long story short I went to the clinic yesterday and they put me on a pant load of prescriptions. It's pretty overwhelming.
    What prescriptions did you get? I went to the endocrinologist today and only thing he gave me was a script for androgel. I dont know what to think of this doc yet. he was pretty casual about the whole thing and it was like he was perplexed at the whole thing. He says on androgel I should feel better in a few days. I think I have had this for well over ten years now and could never convince doctors something was wrong. They would just jump on my weight. They all talk but dont listen! I have had this so long I dont know what normal feels like.

I ended up going to a natural path. They put me on 200 ml of test cypionate a week. Low dose anti-estrogen, 500 iu HCG twice weekly (1,000 total) and a thyroid med. Still expensive, but seems like most Dr.'s are too scared to let people go on try.

Quote Originally Posted by LowTguy View Post
    I ended up going to a natural path. They put me on 200 ml of test cypionate a week. Low dose anti-estrogen, 500 iu HCG twice weekly (1,000 total) and a thyroid med. Still expensive, but seems like most Dr.'s are too scared to let people go on try.
    See now my Doc hasent tested for estrogen level or even seems concerned about balancing it with the testosterone. To date my estrogen level has not been checked. Guess I am going to have to plead with them for this test also. I would think they would know they have to be in balance and would want to have it checked right along with the testosterone.

Hi All - I've been in this boat since I was about 22, I'm 33 now. Unfortunately, got a new insurance provider in January (4 months ago) and have been fighting to get AndroGel approved. They have not yet approved even with Test. Serum level of 179. Curious, LowTguy - any changes in how you are feeling? I know its only been a couple weeks but I'm curious as I'm hitting a breaking point with low energy, weight gain, and mental function.

My testosterone levels went up from 192 to 201 after 7 days from my first injection. I was a little bummed because I was hoping that it would have went up more. But I know these things will take time. My only concern is my White blood cell count went from 4.0 to 12.8 which is in the exceeds normal/safe levels, yet my doctors office doesn't seem to be worried. (Quest sent me results the same day as my doctor). When I called my doctors office all they told me is "if you are worried about this, then you can see the doctor on June 1st. If I am having some sort of reaction to the testosterone or the cypionate then shouldn't I be concerned considering I have 3 more injections before the appointment?

What is a natural path?