Thread: Only started off on HCG and a estrogen blocker... little disappointed

Hybrid View

I noticed in another thread you said you are 28yrs old. Did the doctor mention anything to you about trying to reset your natural testosterone production? If this is the case there's a good chance this is why he put you on HCG only rather than testosterone or a combo of HCG and testosterone. At your age a reset may be possible. Guaranteed? No, not at all but it is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I noticed in another thread you said you are 28yrs old. Did the doctor mention anything to you about trying to reset your natural testosterone production? If this is the case there's a good chance this is why he put you on HCG only rather than testosterone or a combo of HCG and testosterone. At your age a reset may be possible. Guaranteed? No, not at all but it is worth a try.
    That makes perfect sense. Good call Justin.

And yes, its certainly worth a try couldthisbeit.
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over" - Joseph Goebbels

Just going to trust the doctor for now. He did say if not looking good on my next visit he would add testosterone. I just want to get the problem resolved and he does know more than me. So far nothing feeling yet but it's only been a week. I'm on 350 hug twice a week. Will keep you guys posted. Hoping for the best and trying to stay positive.

Well, still have not noticed any differences at all. I went to do my bloodwork and if numbers are still low looking to start on the test if the doc says so. Hopefully, I will be joining the rest of you guys if needed.

HRT Specailist
    Quote Originally Posted by couldthisbeit View Post
    Well, still have not noticed any differences at all. I went to do my bloodwork and if numbers are still low looking to start on the test if the doc says so. Hopefully, I will be joining the rest of you guys if needed.
    Thanks for the update, couldthisbeiit. Please keep us posted with your progress.

Ok, so had my 6 week bw done and results are:

test: 312
    free test: 8.5 (9.5 -26.5)
    estraidol: 12.1 (7.6 - 42.6)

The doctor decided to put me on 50mg on cyp twice a week, continue on HCG. I am guessing the estrogen blocker did it's job since the e2 is still low. Hopefully I'll get a rise when I start on the cyp. I was thinking since I am so big I might need to start on a higher dose, but once again I will leave that to the professionals and I'm sure they'll adjust me as needed. Just wanted to give an update. So the HCG didn't seem to jumpstart much for me, unfortunately.

HRT Specailist
    Quote Originally Posted by couldthisbeit View Post
    Ok, so had my 6 week bw done and results are:

test: 312
    free test: 8.5 (9.5 -26.5)
    estraidol: 12.1 (7.6 - 42.6)

The doctor decided to put me on 50mg on cyp twice a week, continue on HCG. I am guessing the estrogen blocker did it's job since the e2 is still low. Hopefully I'll get a rise when I start on the cyp. I was thinking since I am so big I might need to start on a higher dose, but once again I will leave that to the professionals and I'm sure they'll adjust me as needed. Just wanted to give an update. So the HCG didn't seem to jumpstart much for me, unfortunately.
    Well there you go! Your next round of blood work should be interesting, be sure to share with us! Thanks again for the updates.