Thread: Hows it going.

Hows it going.

Hi, Im Melthir Im 28 250 lbs and I have low T due to prolonged chemical overexposure. My base line test was 257 ng/dl and from what I have read the doctor who is treating me doesn't really know what to do and says that being at 400 ng/dl is ideal. I don't really have a choice as this is the doctor the military has assigned me to in town so I am here educate my self and possibly find some way to educate her as well. Either that or find some doctor that knows what they are doing and takes TRICARE. Anyways its cool to see that there is a website like this.

Ask your doctor for a referral to an endocrinologist. I asked my doctor for the same because my levels are low but within a normal limit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melthir View Post
    Hi, Im Melthir Im 28 250 lbs and I have low T due to prolonged chemical overexposure. My base line test was 257 ng/dl and from what I have read the doctor who is treating me doesn't really know what to do and says that being at 400 ng/dl is ideal. I don't really have a choice as this is the doctor the military has assigned me to in town so I am here educate my self and possibly find some way to educate her as well. Either that or find some doctor that knows what they are doing and takes TRICARE. Anyways its cool to see that there is a website like this.
    Hi Melthir,

Your levels are low, there's definitely an issue. And 400 ng/dl is not what a physician that understands testosterone therapy would call optimal. That doesn't mean your physician is a bad doctor, it just means he hasn't updated himself on testosterone, and he's not alone. Many physicians still treat testosterone as we did 30yrs ago. They simply don't know any better. Now there are men who will feel good in the 400's but it's rare. Where there Free testosterone and estradiol are will also play an important role. But the optimal Total testosterone for a man is 700-1100 ng/dl.

If you have questions about anything, please feel free to ask.