Hello all. I'm 63, married and my libido and erectile function went into decline about three years ago. For a guy who, for several decades, was always ready to go and had an over the top libido, it hurt. But my story has many twists. My wife and I had always had a difficult marriage, my sex drive was stronger than hers, I have severe untreatable bipolar illness which has caused system wide health problems, specifically the HPTA axis.

My total and free T levels were all over the place over the past eight years, from 325/48 to 668/117. But I also felt old, tired and depressed. When I went on disability I was able to get off my wife's health plan(Kaiser)and switched to Aetna because my ex-primary had gone into private practice. After a couple of bad experiences with endos, this past spring I got the name of a urologist who specializes in TRT. Great doctor and great guy. My TT was 360, LH & FSH normal, so he put me on test cyp shots, 100mg IM, weekly. By week four felt great, then crashed and never rebounded though I stayed on shots for another month. We discussed my situation and at that time, my wife and I were going through some serious marital problems. She went into therapy and so did I and that's where my energy has been focused.

Recently, saw the urologist to discuss low dose sub-q shots. He was fine with that. Last week started 20mg every other day for a total of 60mg, weekly. I think my previous dosing of 100mg IM was too high, too much, too fast and my pituitary couldn't handle it. From my experience, low and slow is a better way. Last night, mood was better, but with bipolar, hard to tell if it's the T shot or mood shift.