Thread: Blood results, your thoughts?

Blood results, your thoughts?

Figured I would share my blood results and get some input from you guys.

Ever since I was 16 I have had some hormone problems. Blood work showed several things, I was even diagnosed with gyno. Now I am 22, nearing 23, and for the past few years I have had a few symptoms which made me believe was low T. Seems like each day after a good 8-10 hours of sleep I am extremely tired. I yawn all day and I have little to no motivation. I have had an attitude lately of I really don't care, which is affecting my work and my overall personal mood. For the past few years I have exercised a lot. I feel I eat healthy and lift heavy which should spark my testosterone, but I have noticed little to no gains in muscle. Another sign of low T? Figured I would get my blood tested again and here are the results. My DR said I was in the "normal" range. I am good and healthy, but I still believe my testosterone is low for my age. The only advice he really had to give me was I should be eating around 3000-3500 calories a day, and to take supplements to try and boost my low T. According to my results what do you think? Should I break down and go see an endocrinologist? I enjoy exercising, but my main concern is the lack of energy I have during the day affects my work ethics.

Picture may be hard to see. My T level is a 427, with a free T level of 81.

Things you can do to increase natural testosterone production (in no particular order)

1. Eat plenty of healthy fats. Low fat diets often lower testosterone levels. Whole eggs, nuts and legumes, lean red meats, salmon, natural peanut butter, macadamia nut oil, etc are all good choices.

2. Avoid alcohol - this isn't to say you can never enjoy a drink but regular and especially excess alcohol will hinder testosterone in many cases.

3. Supplement with omega fatty acids and vitamin D3.

4. Do not overtrain - a common mistake by many young guys. Hey, it's a mistake a lot of older guys make too but more common with younger guys. Overtrain and you can't recover, if you can't recover your testosterone levels will remain low.

5. Avoid prescription and OTC meds when possible, meaning only take them if and when absolutely needed. Try not to rely on these meds if possible. Many prescription and OTC meds are notorious for lowering testosterone levels.

If you try these things and your levels are still low or you already have, I'd recommend skipping the endocrinologist. Endos are often the worst doctor for low t treatment, which seems backwards when they're hormone doctors but it's simply the truth. Find a doctor that specializes in low t.