Thread: Question about T Test.

Question about T Test.

I'm a 39yr old male and had my yearly physical done. I told the Dr about issues I've been having. Lack of energy, odd weight gain, lack of libido, not getting as hard as i once did.
    She ran the regular blood tests, thyroid and test.

My results were 314 total test. She said I had low test and referred me to an endo. I can't get in to see the endo for 2 months so I went to my urologist. He spent 30 seconds with me and said I'm not a candidate for TRT. My levels are completely normal.
    I just have a hard time believing a guy in his late 30's should be this low.
    I'm 5'8" 160lbs so I'm not overweight. I don't really go to the gym but I run and walk 2-3 times a week and eat a healthy diet.

Should I be concerned at 314 as my test level? The test was done at 8am and I've read that test is at it's highest in the morning.

I guess it depends on how you are feeling. 314 is "normal" but also at the low end.

Get another opinion from an Endo. I'm no doctor, but if you feel crappy now, you will only get worse perhaps over time. Ruling out any other factors, you might be a candidate for TRT.

Lastly, maybe try the gym some and see. Lifting weights has been shown to boost T levels. It helps me I think!

Thanks for the reply Buster.
    I think that's what I am going to do. I'd rather increase my levels naturally before resorting to TRT. But I will definitely be getting a 2nd opinion from an Endo since they just called me and had a cancellation. I'm going in on Tuesday now.

Just an update. I went to an endo and a urologist for a 2nd opinion. I was retested and I was at 302 total this time.
    Both the endo and urologist blew me off and told me that I'm perfectly normal.

What about your thyroid levels? I just dont understand why someone complaining of these symptoms and issues that the doctors wont order tests for thyroid, low t, adrenal glands and anemia. I think they all work together and I think you need the results of all of them to get the bigger picture. Of course I am no doctor but I am a mechanic so I have a diagnostic mind.