Thread: Finally figured it out

Finally figured it out

Hello everyone. New to this forum. After years of suffering and doctors that did not want to do anything but blame my weight for my symptoms I figured it was going to be up to me to try and figure this out. I did finally convince one doctor that i had bad issues and he sent me to a RA doctor which discovered I have high muscle enzymes. This is consistent with muscle inflammation and muscle loss. They just chalk it up to inflammatory muscle disease and say we dont know what causes it. Some reason it did not set well with me as there has to be a cause. In my research I saw note of low testosterone and it got me thinking so I started to research that. I found that all my symptoms fit like a glove except for erectile dysfunction. I still have good sex drive although it has been somewhat diminished. Well I was convinced this is a bigger part of my problem and a root cause of the muscle issue along with a bunch of other issues. After much brow beating to get my doctor to order the test he finally relented and said ok as long as we check your thyroid level also. Kinda made me mad as my thyroid has always been good and closely monitored as I have no thyroid gland and if it is now suddenly low why would that have cause 5 back years of suffering??? Anyhow I had the test done and got the results back a day ago and here is the findings.

Component Standard Range Your Value
    TESTOSTERONE FREE 4.46 - 17.1 ng/dL 3.96
    TESTOSTERONE 240 - 950 ng/dL 180

So low its not even in the standard range. Now you think this would be bad news but I am quite excited about this. maybe now i can get some resolution and relief and get back to a productive life!

Biggest question now is do i see a urologist or endocrinologist? I dont think I want to leave the decision and treatment up to my internal medicine doc!

I've been to both, uro unless well versed won't go farther then a script for a topical. Endo will go further but not by much if he isn't versed. I go between my general and uro. The general md came along when he ended up with the same problem. Along with me pushing for what I wanted thru much reading. He did go along. I use shots and anostrozole starting hcg with next shot. Study and stand ur ground the guy that knows u longest will help u out more then the new guys