Thread: If you have any questions about the program, please let us know

Hybrid View

If you have any questions about the program, please let us know

If you do not get the help you need here, please call 1-800-LOWT-345 or send us an e-mail. We are happy to help!

Hello, I just received my welcome package in the mail today. Reading through it, it says for me to take the HCG subQ and to take the test IM. I may be remembering this wrong but I thought that the LowT doctor that I saw in Tulsa told me that I would be taking both of them SubQ. I thought this is what was said because I remember him saying that there was no need to aspirate.

It is very possible that I misunderstood, I was asking a lot of questions and there was a flood of information going into my head.

HRT Specailist
    Hi there Brett,

SubQ injections for both are fine. The key is volume. If your protocol requires more than 0.6ml in volume, it is likely that the subQ injection spot may leave a hardened spot that is uncomfortable to the touch. This is generally not the case with intramuscular injections. Any volume 0.6ml or less should be just fine injected subcutaneously.

Be sure however, that your doctor is aware of your administration method/location as subQ injections tend to absorb slower than intramuscular, and impact your estradiol slightly differently.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now, that you say SubQ is fine for both I am almost 100% certain that is what he said. He mentioned that there was a possibility of getting a lump which would go away in a couple days (if I do get one) and he also talked about switching between 4 different locations on the belly. 2 inches outside of belly button and then the love handles. Also, different locations within those areas too.

I will make sure he knows that is how I am administering shots when I talk to him at 6 weeks.

HRT Specailist
    That is correct. Alternating spots is always healthy practice.

Best of luck, Brett. Glad you're doing your research.

6 week blood test tomorrow. Do I need to fast for this one? How about abstaining from sex for 24 hours?

No, you do not have to fast or avoid ejaculation for this one. However, you will need to for the 6 month blood test.

The fasting is necessary when there is a lipid panel on the test and the ejaculation issue is when there's a PSA panel on there. There is no lipid panel or PSA on the 6wk test.

Thanks for all the helpful information.

Related to Brett's question, which tests are done at the 6 week mark? Is it just Test, free Test and E2?
    My doctor wasn't clear on the followup testing when I say her or who would contact me about getting the tests done. I still have 2 weeks or so until its been 6 weeks but I was curious what tests are done exactly since I might add some additional tests and didn't want to repeat anything if possible.

The 6wk blood req is generated 36 days after your doctors visit and initial RX is written. This is obviously early than 6wks but it's sent then to make sure you have it on time. It's called the 6wk blood test but there's nothing specifically special about exactly 6wks. It's recommended that you get it done sometime between week 5-7. So that give the individual plenty of time. The day your blood req is uploaded, you should receive an automatic email notification, and a phone call.

The 6wk blood test includes Free and Total testosterone, Estradiol, and both the CBC and CHMP 14 panel.
    The 6month blood test includes the same along with a Lipid and PSA panel.