Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B12 protocols

B12 protocols

What do some of the leaders in the field and/or the Lowtestosterone.com doctors recommend as good injectable B12 protocols?

Do they simply strive for a number? What number?

What about injection frequency?

It seems to me that little is discussed about the significance of how often one should inject b12... or perhaps it does not matter so much! I don't really have any definitive knowledge on this matter.
    awaiting androxal...

HRT Specailist
    Good topic HRTstudent. I'm also interested in feedback on this. I'm currently prescribed 1000mcg per week. I split into twice per week doses and inject subQ. My doc approved my pinning frequency choice here. Initial test prior to B12 injections, resulted in a 195 pg/ml in a range of 200-1100. This number skyrocketed beyond range since B12 administration.

Prior to this I experienced fatigue regularly. Cortisol levels would drop significantly during the second half of the day (as they would naturally, but by drop was abnormal) low-cortisol-treatment certainly got me out of the afternoon slump. And B12 certainly took everything to the next level with an all day well being. Just like my TRT treatment, B12 is here to stay.

Guys, are you using methylcobalamin or cyanacobalamin?

Austin, not hijack, but I'm curious what your low cortisol treatment encompasses? Any other contributors to the condition? (thyroid, pituitary/ACTH related, DHEA, progesterone,...?)

HRT Specailist
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    Guys, are you using methylcobalamin or cyanacobalamin?

Austin, not hijack, but I'm curious what your low cortisol treatment encompasses? Any other contributors to the condition? (thyroid, pituitary/ACTH related, DHEA, progesterone,...?)
    I was using cyan, but recently started jarrow methyl, oral. I had to stop after a few days because I could not satisfy my hunger. I've researched however, after reading your statement on another forum, and methyl certainly seems superior.

As for my cortisol levels... I'm still not sure. I'm using Hydrocortisone. I've only recently decided I want to get off of Hydrocortisone and went into more in depth conversations with my doc. Well this turned out to be a "wild goose chase" - So far I've identified a magnesium deficiency. So I went on to find out why (not quite there yet). Now... Diarrhoea is brought up. But symptoms aren't quite all there, so I'm not convinced. And the chase continues...

Ive never used it a long side my TRT its always been something ive used within bulking cycles at a high daily dose.

B-12. 2 different kinds on the market. Cynocobalamin and Methylcobalamin. Cyno actually gets trapped in the liver as your body naturally does anyway when you make b-12 from your flora in the Large intestine. The body can then release it as you need it. Not a fan of this version either because its derived from Cynonide! Not good. Methyl actually goes throught the first pass...meaning bypass the liver and goes straight into the bloodstream and is 100% bioavalaible. So for fatigue/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome its great. This is the superior version of B-12 and the price for Methyl reflects its popularity. Generally 2-3x the cost of Cyno. There is no toxic levels of B-12. You cant over dose on it.

DOSES
    If you have GI issues and blood work shows you have malabsorption of B-12 generally a dose of 1000mcg per week is giving until B-12 levels are optimized. Generally from that point a dose of 200-500mcg per week as therapy. Granted everyone is different so its a good idea to use labs as a guideline to titrate dose just for you. Methlycobalamin is a great addition to your Anti-aging/TRT regime.

B-12 Levels

Quote Originally Posted by HRTstudent View Post
    What do some of the leaders in the field and/or the Lowtestosterone.com doctors recommend as good injectable B12 protocols?

Do they simply strive for a number? What number?

What about injection frequency?

It seems to me that little is discussed about the significance of how often one should inject b12... or perhaps it does not matter so much! I don't really have any definitive knowledge on this matter.

Since B-12 is water soluble, no number is really "too high" because you will urinate out whatever your body will not use. The goal, I would say, is to keep your B-12 levels above 1000 when shown through blood work. I also recommend trying lipo shots vs straight B-12 (meth or cyan) since they also encompass essential amino acids to help with muscle growth, fat metabolism, and energy production in cells. Lipovimino has been personally working wonders for me. For more information, check out this website: http://www.agemanagementoptimalwellness.com/injectablesupplements.html or simply www.amowc.com

I have pernicious anemia so if I don't take B12 shots I simply die. You can never take to much B12. I loaded when first DX I took 6 shots in 6 days. I am now on weekly shots of cyno. I have heard that several people like the mythle. My labs tend to run about 1500-1700. But after treatment with b12 is started you'll never get a real reading.

You just have to find what brand works best for you. I know a lot of people with Pernicious anemia inject every other day. I try to make it 10 days or until I can't stand the numbness in my hands. I took a long time to DX and I have permanent nerve damage. I took over 2 years to get MVC MCH in check.

So does this need to be prescribed or can it simply be purchased? If it needs to be prescribed, does lowtestosterone.com include it as part of the protocol if it is asked for? Additional price?

Quote Originally Posted by mkg View Post
    So does this need to be prescribed or can it simply be purchased? If it needs to be prescribed, does lowtestosterone.com include it as part of the protocol if it is asked for? Additional price?
    Yes, it has to be prescribed. There are numerous forms of B12, the most effective being methylcobalamin. B12 is included in our $299 per month package, which includes the following:

*Everything included in the $199 per month package plus the following
    *Testosterone support supplement, which includes DHEA
    *Fish Oils
    *Multi-Vitamins
    *Injectable B12 (methylcobalamin)
    *Prostate support formula