After all the lab tests - I finally saw an endocrinologist. He did a whole lot of lab tests. I figured after the other results I had (saliva tests showing low T and then regular doc showing borderline low normal T) that the endocrinologist wouldn't have much to say. But luckily he was a smart guy and a nice guy and asked me a whole lot of questions about my symptoms over the last couple of years. So I told him about my loss of strength, lack of interest in just about anything, and everything else.

Well, the lab tests came back and here is his appraisal:

hypogonadism

Even though my T is borderline normal on the low end - my FSH and LH are incredibly high for an adult male - here's the results:

FSH 21.6 mIU/ml (1.5-12.4)
LH 16.13 mIU/ml (1.7-8.6)

The doc told me that either my testicles are stopping or have stopped making T based on these results. He offered HRT - patch, gel, or injection. He wasn't fond of the patch because of high number of his patients experiencing skin rashes from the chemical used in the patch to transfer the t to the skin. He asked me to start on Androgel first - so I'm doing 2 pumps a day.

I've read many reports of androgel usage - and can't say that after only two days I feel any different. Does anyone have a time frame for me as to when I might start feeling anything or experiencing anything?

thanks