Thread: Leaving another program to start yours?

Leaving another program to start yours?

Hello! I am currently participating in a weekly injection program with a local low t clinic and I am interested in switching to your program. I have been visiting this clinic for most of this year. We have been doing blood work every month and slowly increasing my dosage until we start to notice results. I'm a big guy at 6'3" and 270lbs and require a pretty heavy dose, according to the doc. I was drawn to your program because I can administer my doses at home. I travel constantly and have had to reschedule injections at times. I've noticed that I'm very sensitive to my injection schedule and waiting too long between injections starts to have negative effects. I have some questions and concerns about switching to your program:

-Is it possible to receive a thorough evaluation from your doctors if I still have a recent dose in my system? I don't want to have to skip an injection if don't have to. Ideally, I would like to pick up where I left off with my old clinic and maintain my current schedule without missing a dose.

-If I'm already being injected with what I'm told is a large weekly dose (I believe 140mg? and I'm not very happy with the results because I'm barely starting to see any) are your doctors able to take that into consideration when prescribing my first round of injections? I don't want to have to start all over again, inching my way to positive results.

-Being prescribed, will I have any trouble traveling with syringes or HRT meds?

I apologize for the late reply. Somehow I missed this post.

1. When you start the program the first step is blood testing. Being that you're already on treatment your levels will be elevated, how much so I don't know but if the current treatment you're on is doing its job at least to a degree there will be elevation. For this reason, you will need to provide proof of your existing TRT that shows you are receiving a legal prescription for testosterone. This isn't hard to do and we can help you should you need it.

2. Yes, your current protocol will be taken into consideration by the doctor. A few things to remember - you may not be experiencing quality results from your current treatment due to other issues, most commonly these would be related to estradiol. Estradiol and testosterone go hand-in-hand and if your testosterone levels are at a good level but estradiol is too high or too low this can easily negate the benefits of the improved testosterone. I do not know if your current physician is aware of this but many are not. As far as your current testosterone dose, this would be considered in the average range. Common testosterone doses for TRT normally fall in the 100-200mg per week range.

3. Traveling should not be an issue. If traveling by plane, place all prescriptions in a zip lock bag in your carry on. Do not put medications in your checked bag. Although not required, it's always a good idea to keep a copy of your prescription with you on the off chance that you are questioned.