Thread: New to TRT

New to TRT

Hello Everyone,

So, I'm starting TRT at 100mg a week of Test Cyp. My first injection was Friday, they want blood work the day before my 3rd injection. We'll monitor every few weeks until we're dialed. At this time my endo doesn't usually prescribe HCG or an AI for TRT. I know that I may need them, and I have access to them.

My primary questions right now are, I understand what HCG does, and the need for it. However, can you supplement with pregnenolone and dhea INSTEAD of using HCG, since HCG promotes the creation of pregnenolone. Does taking pregnenolone and dhea orally even work? I've read that most of it doesn't make it past the liver. So, are transdermal creams the answer. Again, can they be taken orally or transdermally INSTEAD Of HCG, or do you need to supplement with them in ADDITION to HCG. I read the HCG and Pregnenolone thread already as well. Thanks!

DHEA and Pregnenolone, while they can be useful, they do not replace HCG.
    I would also say most men do not need to supplement with Pregnenolone - DHEA is sometimes essential, other times it's not but can still be beneficial. HCG is its own animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    DHEA and Pregnenolone, while they can be useful, they do not replace HCG.
    I would also say most men do not need to supplement with Pregnenolone - DHEA is sometimes essential, other times it's not but can still be beneficial. HCG is its own animal.
    If that is the case, then what are the potential side effects of HCG. I've read some men say they replaced HCG with pregnenolone and dhea transdermal creams, because the HCG side effects were a nightmare.

Possible side effects of HCG would be similar to that of testosterone - this is because HCG increases the production of testosterone. The most common side effects being bloating and water retention, this is due to increases in estradiol (conversion of testosterone to estrogen). This can be managed by managing estradiol with AI's if needed. Gynecomastia, same concept and remedy as water retention.

Ok. Thanks for the clarity. Some of the reading I've done confused the situation. I'm already familiar with HCG, Controlling E2. I thought people were suggesting there were other potential negative side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the clarity. Some of the reading I've done confused the situation. I'm already familiar with HCG, Controlling E2. I thought people were suggesting there were other potential negative side effects.
    Such as?