Thread: Seeking TRT after Steroid Abuse

Seeking TRT after Steroid Abuse

I'm twenty eight years old. I abused steroids for two continuous years. It was a very poor, life-long decision. I have not abused testosterone for two years, but have implemented my own TRT. It is exhausting and unmanageable alone. I am in desperate need of supervised care, but do not know the best route of obtaining care. My natural production is done. I could not recover after the first two years, and have been on an additional two, at therapeutic dosages.

My current dosage is 40mg of Testosterone Ethanate every three days. If I come off, I have tissue growth, sleepiness and all the other fun symptoms. I am getting married and there will be an international honey moon for two weeks. I need this addressed ultimately for my well being, however the honey moon is a huge motivator to finally do this.

I'm no longer overly muscular. I'm am normal size so I imagine this will help, if I disclose my past.

Do I see a Urologist or Endocronologist?
    Do I disclose my previous abuse?
    Do I bottom out my levels before going? I really want an action plan if I come off. For instance, I see the doctor, I disclose my past and current use, he schedules an appointment in three weeks for blood panel, and I'm back on immediately. Is this a viable plan?

I do not want to be refused treatment because I abused. I need the help and never intend on abuse again. I value my life and my blood work was all over the place. I know a lot about male hormones. If I am seen, I won't speak like I do but I don't want to be jerked around getting treatment.

Thanks
    Last edited by Webbles; 01-03-2015 at 12:06 AM.

The type of doctor you see in terms of his title is meaningless. What's important is that the doctor understands TRT. Surprisingly, there are many endocrinologist and urologist that do not and plenty that do and equally doctors that are neither that have a very good grasp.

As for disclosing your past, this is always a good idea if you want the doctor to have a full understanding of what's going on with you. Otherwise it becomes a guessing game and guessing doesn't help you at all.

We could more than likely help you, but your best option would be to give us a call and talk over the phone first before delving any further. If you're interested in exploring some options, please give us a call. Feel free to ask for me if you'd like.