Thread: Breathing Issues 7 to 8 days after injection?

Breathing Issues 7 to 8 days after injection?

Greetings

I'm a 49 year old male, last test had my levels at 187. I'm a retired Air Force member and been working with the VA and my Doc for the last year or so on my low T issues. Tried the gel and the patches broke out from both so I recently started Test injections 100mg every 2 weeks. My issue is the last few injections I get pains in my chest and have breathing issues. I went to the Urgent Care with one episode as I thought I was having a heart attack. EKG and x-rays were all good. Could this be from my E spiking a week after the injection? I'm going to weekly doses starting next week, I think that maybe part of the problem as my levels would be spiking up and down. But before I approach my Doc for some Arimidex does anyone think the E spiking could cause my breathing issues?

Thanks!

Chet

Low estrogen will more commonly cause breathing issues, although high could if you consider swelling. However, you shouldn't be experiencing a "spike" that rapidly or randomly causes it, at least not in terms of estrogen. However, all of that said, glad to hear you're going to weekly shots. Every two weeks can cause such dramatic hormone imbalances I guess in theory it could cause all sorts of unexpected problems.

One thing you also want to make sure you and your doctor are keeping an eye on, Red Blood Cell count, Hematocrit and Hemoglobin. A lot of doctors overlook this, no offense to the VA but they are notorious about overlooking it. Those numbers go too high and if ignored, that's what causes testosterone related heart attacks and strokes.

Thx Justin, wondering if anything can be done to combat the high Red Blood Cell count and or Hematocrit and Hemoglobin issues? I like feeling better with the injections but wouldn't want to suffer something catastrophic from the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet40 View Post
    Thx Justin, wondering if anything can be done to combat the high Red Blood Cell count and or Hematocrit and Hemoglobin issues? I like feeling better with the injections but wouldn't want to suffer something catastrophic from the shots.
    The form of administration isn't what can potentially cause the blood to become thicker, it's the testosterone itself. So it's not the fact that it's an injection. And keep in mind, I wasn't saying this was an issue for you, that's impossible to say without blood work. I'm simply mentioning the importance of keeping up with it. As far as managing it, yes it's easy. Donating blood, simply going to the Red Cross and donating a pint of blood is something some men have to do. It's not an issue for the majority of men but some it is. Some men have to donate a pint of blood a couple times a year, and some men, although a very small minority have to donate a pint of blood every 2-3 months in order to keep it under control. If the Red Cross isn't an option for you, ask your physician for a Therapeutic Phlebotomy prescription. You should be able to find a lab or blood draw center in your area that will take it. The VA may perform it for you if needed, but I can't say for sure. Technically, any place that has the ability to draw blood for testing should be able to do it, but not all places will.

Again, just to reiterate, I'm not saying this is something you need to do. It's just something to keep an eye on. Side effects and/or complications from TRT are very easy to avoid if the right steps are taken, primarily keeping up with what's going on inside your body. It's those that don't do this that cause TRT to sometimes be given a bad name.

Thx again Justin, have an appointment on Thursday with the VA.

Chet

Well saw my VA Doc yesterday and asked about an "E" blocker and she about laughed me out of her office. So does anyone know how I can purchase Arimidex or something similar? I know I can go to my local gym and get it quite easily but I do not want to do something that is illegal, plus who knows how or where it was made. She did take blood and was checking my levels to see what could be causing my breathing issues. Could I somehow be getting too much per dose? I feel great the first 7 days after the injection then it's all down hill from there.